Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

corryworry wrote: »
    You should check with some of the staff if and when they are closing - they had closing down signs up before Christmas too. Sometimes it draws people in looking for a bargain. When I asked in December when they were closing, the fella said he wasn't sure because they might be coming to an agreement in a rent reduction so they might be able to stay open.

Hopefully they'll be able to stay open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

is vodafone in O'Connell street closed for good as it has not been open the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

is vodafone in O'Connell street closed for good as it has not been open the last week or so

Says in the window that store is now in johnson's court.

I hate how "vacant" the town looks since so many of the shops moved in there.

Ya the vodafone is closed there,that is a different one in Johnston's Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

ayone know the reason why they closed? was only in there two weeks ago looking at phones and was hoping to go back this weekend to get an upgrade,they were great to deal with very helpfull.
    is this just another fingers up to vodafone customers i notice their customer service on all fronths is getting pretty poor lately

• Advertisement

I'd assume the shop was no longer profitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't think there was any need for three vodafone stores in Sligo anyway to be honest.

Where is the other Vodafone shop?

It's in the Tesco arcade.

Aw ya,King's,I think that one's an independent though,I'm not sure about the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

I'm just back after 2 weeks holidays, and saw this at lunch-time today. The sign on the door directs people to the King Communications shop, of which there's one in Johnston's Court and one in Tesco Arcade. As far as I know (and I could be corrected on this), the now closed shop was run directly by Vodafone, while the others are privately owned, but exclusively vodafone only stores.

It's a shame, as I always found the staff there very helpful and friendly, particularly the manageress (who had an unusual first name which now escapes me). I wanted to get an upgrade recently, went in there, she was able to give me great advice, and she had a fully-functioning iphone 4 for me to look at, hold, touch, feel, Etc. (of course I fell in love with it, and now want it, but will have to wait till my next [significant] birthday).:mad:

yes Vodafone closed the shop it was ran directly by themselves, and king Communications are privately owned but exclusively stock and sell for Vodafone,i was in King Communications in the arcade and they told me that Vodafone shop just closed no real word why,was on to vodafone customer care about another issue and asked what was the story with their sligo store was,they hadent a clue that it was even closed

Has Pulse accessories gone? Or has it just moved?
    It's not in Johnston Court anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

magnumlady wrote: »
    think its gone had a 75% sale one day and was gone the next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

seen them clearing out the displays and shelving one day last week as well, looks preety bare now.

That's a shame, the guy that was running it set up the 'Love Sligo' discount card as far as I know.
    I wonder if the card is still going....not that I got one.

The brochure didn't even say how to get a card?

greetings wrote: »

I think the unions were given them. There also used to be an ad in the Sligo Weekender about how to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

pulse closed down but some of the items are available at the quayside market on the mezzanine level. theres lots of charms for those charmbracelets (€2 each or 3 for €5) and some other jewellery. i think they're getting more pulse stuff in later

greetings wrote: »

all union members got some and they planned to give all the new sligo students one, not sure how successful the card is. we get it presented by customers now and then but i dont think its as popular as they wanted it to be. they should have given them out to everybody in sligo

• Advertisement

ge_ch wrote: »
    all union members got some and they planned to give all the new sligo students one, not sure how successful the card is. we get it presented by customers now and then but i dont think its as popular as they wanted it to be. they should have given them out to everybody in sligo

Yes I agree, they should have given to every one in Sligo. Also all the shops should accept them, I think it's just certain stores that do.

Yes I agree, they should have given to every one in Sligo. Also all the shops should accept them, I think it's just certain stores that do.

yes its not every shop, and every business has its own terms and conditions aswell.
    the whole point of the card was to encourage people to shop in sligo so why just give it to union members?

where is all going to end with shops closing the town will soon be full of closed retail units

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

The Beach Hotel in Mullaghmore has closed - again. Seems the Fire Officer was not happy with the building.

This is an old thread, but just posting to let you know O'Briens sweet shop in the Quayside has gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

This is an old thread, but just posting to let you know O'Briens sweet shop in the Quayside has gone. :(

I was just logging in to post this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Does anyone know if Little Piggy's in Quayside has shut down. It was closed last Tues but there was still some stock in the shop and I amn't sure if it is closed down.

Would be such a shame if they have gone out of business. I always went to them for the kids shoes. So knowledgeable and helpful.

Also if they are closed, Can anyone recommend somewhere that would be good for fitting ? I have been to Lyon's before and wasn't impressed so anywhere else in town would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

We always were brought to
    Cordners as kids but I was in there a while back and after the way I saw the boss treat a member of staff I wouldn't be inclined to shop there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Might try to see if there is a dedicated kids shoe shop in Castlebar maybe. What I loved about Little Piggy's is that they knew so much about children's feet as that was all they did. Never had a bad experience there.

• Advertisement

emg74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Little Piggy's in Quayside has shut down. It was closed last Tues but there was still some stock in the shop and I amn't sure if it is closed down.

Would be such a shame if they have gone out of business. I always went to them for the kids shoes. So knowledgeable and helpful.

Also if they are closed, Can anyone recommend somewhere that would be good for fitting ? I have been to Lyon's before and wasn't impressed so anywhere else in town would be good.

They had a closing down sign up a few weeks ago.

Advertisement