Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

McHughs is gone . . . . . AGAIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

magnumlady wrote: »
    The Curiosity Shop on Harmony Hill has gone.
    McHughs is gone . . . . . AGAIN!

I don't even see people going into those places tbh. I remember on Paddys night regarding McHughs, there was very little people there . like it looked pretty dead even if it has opened up again!

I honestly didn't hear anyone going into that Curiousty shop, it looked very scattered and a lot like the charity shop next to it. Wonder why they closed it down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

sligono1 wrote: »
    Looking like the gloom is set to continue,saw a FB post about Fureys pub paul the guy that runs it saying that's it after 9 years his lease is up and that's it.im guessing it closing.

It'll be opening again very shortly. Someone else has a lease on it and is currently doing some minor renovations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Anyone know what's going on with the Fairgreen in Skreen? Closed temporarily last weekend due to "Unforeseen Circumstances" but no updates since.

So Toffs night club had their last night as a business so does anyone know what it'll be called next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Vlove wrote: »
    So Toffs night club had their last night as a business so does anyone know what it'll be called next?
    Lola Montez..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Basq wrote: »

That is an AWESOME name. Now I hardly want to go for fear it won't live up to it, lol.

Speedwell wrote: »
    That is an AWESOME name. Now I hardly want to go for fear it won't live up to it, lol.

Dont worry, ppl will still call it Toffs just like SIXTH is sometimes called Envy or Pure sometimes......

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

You're talking about Xanadu's, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dont worry, ppl will still call it Toffs just like SIXTH is sometimes called Envy or Pure sometimes......

...or Equinox :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

dee_mc wrote: »
    ...or Equinox :D

Maximes even.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

dingding wrote: »
    Maximes even.

Surely you mean the grand hotel?

Toffs by any other name is still, well toffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

All of McCormacks (car dealership, repairs, filling stations) ceased trading today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

T-Bird wrote: »
    All of McCormacks (car dealership, repairs, filling stations) ceased trading today.

Was it all the one company? The dealership/petrol station on Pearse Rd, petrol ststion on Mail Coach Road, garage in Finisklin, and fuel depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

What happened there? Cant be rent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Is LMS gone also?

Seems like it is for now!

Wow. Gone with a bang. I was in the Carraroe shop there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I always found them a dodgy bunch, the fact all of their shops were held up over the last few years felt a bit suspect to me.
    It's a reall shame for the people who were working for them, I'd say they had no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Receivers brought in I believe, hopefully the shops will re-open under new management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

15 Shops in total. Some places in areas now left miles away from a petrol station. 208 people out of work. No doubt they weren't told about it by the owners. Heard rumours they've known about it for a few days.
    Article

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

3 lorries outside the one at carraroe today loading up all the cars. very sudden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That's rough on the staff. I used to go to the Mailcoach Road shop for grub and coffee. Staff were always dead sound.

Not sure if McCormack ownes the filling station and supermac in Castlebaldwin but that closed today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Shared yesterday on one of their facebook pages yesterday....

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=641102592714106&id=241779939313042

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

rizzodun wrote: »
    Shared yesterday on one of their facebook pages yesterday....

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=641102592714106&id=241779939313042

Saw that this afternoon.....very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

id like to know where all this "Recovery is picking up speed and we are getting out of a recession" is that the politicians promised????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

id like to know where all this "Recovery is picking up speed and we are getting out of a recession" is that the politicians promised????

In Dublin. That's all they care about.

If I was being cynical, I would probably suggest that it is the banks calling the shots. Most of them are profitable again and have grown back their cahonas and calling in the debts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

sligono1 wrote: »
    Looking like the gloom is set to continue,saw a FB post about Fureys pub paul the guy that runs it saying that's it after 9 years his lease is up and that's it.im guessing it closing.

The new lease for the new proprietor, 2016, is 450 euro per week.

Advertisement