Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Coffee shop anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Coffee shop anyone??

I dont think there is enough coffee shops yet in the town, they havent got it saturated yet - when it gets to the stage where every other shop you walk past is a coffee shop then we know Sligo can be the Coffee Shop Capital of Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Strettie11

Anybody what the story is with RB Hair & Beauty closure?

Is it permanent or temporary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Coffee shop anyone??

I dont think there is enough coffee shops yet in the town, they havent got it saturated yet - when it gets to the stage where every other shop you walk past is a coffee shop then we know Sligo can be the Coffee Shop Capital of Ireland :D
    I hear the old ESB building is being converted to a coffee shop... I'm skeptical but who knows..

Basq wrote:
    I hear the old ESB building is being converted to a coffee shop... I'm skeptical but who knows..

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Jesus wept

Not sure it's a great name for a coffee shop if I'm honest....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Coffee made from the tears of the son of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Basq wrote: »

Damien Tansey is moving into it afaik

Basq wrote: »

They could call it Electric Café ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Damien Tansey is moving into it afaik

I thought he's a solicitor - why is he opening a café?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

ectoraige wrote: »
    I though he's a solicitor - why is he opening a café?

Everyone else in Sligo seem to be doing it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Moan that nothing opens. Moan when something opens. Moan when something closes. I really could care less what opens just that units start to fill up. Clothes shops/coffee shops/thrift shops whatever I don't care. I have no idea why I read the forum as it always wrecks my head.

If you think you know what sligo needs get the finger out and open it yourself instead of having a go at people who at least attempt to put themselves out there and take such a massive risk as opening up anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

He's not, he's supposedly moving his offices there

I once went to a hairdressers who were an undertakers too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Mario Rosenstock the other night doing a Donald Trump impression took the piss of all the closed shops in Sligo. Suggested we build a wall and rebrand ourselves as Slistay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have noticed the last couple of times I have parked in the Quayside, that Pimp My Car/Ride/Wheels have gone. Any idea where to? Kept meaning to go to them, but never the chance.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Have noticed the last couple of times I have parked in the Quayside, that Pimp My Car/Ride/Wheels have gone. Any idea where to? Kept meaning to go to them, but never the chance.

naw, I dunno where - but dont tell me a Café is gonna open up in its place :rolleyes:

naw, I dunno where - but dont tell me a Café is gonna open up in its place

Well now that you say it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Does anyone know if the owner of The Prince barbers in Tescos carpark is still there? Every time I call in over the last couple of months he is not there, there's 2 other guys but the prince is the man when it comes to a cut and shave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

sligoblue wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the owner of The Prince barbers in Tescos carpark is still there? Every time I call in over the last couple of months he is not there, there's 2 other guys but the prince is the man when it comes to a cut and shave.

Yeah Ali a young fella?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Yeah Ali a young fella?

Think that's his name, the guy with the beard who opened it. Top man but haven't seen him there in a while, other guys are not as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yeah Ali a young fella?

A nice chap from Dublin called Alli cut my hair in Letterkenny a few weeks ago. That could be him. He's living up there now (like myself). He speaks fluent Arabic.

A Casa Mia restaurant , Italian Quarter- 1 shutter down and all the lettering gone and the smoking area bits gone - anyone know whats going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

A Casa Mia restaurant , Italian Quarter- 1 shutter down and all the lettering gone and the smoking area bits gone - anyone know whats going on?

Oh no, they was such a nice little restaurant. I always loved their Cesar wraps! It even appeared on Calvary with Brendan Gleeson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Stormy weather...?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Stormy weather...?

no. gone for good

Could 2017 be known as the year of the great Cafe cull?

Could 2017 be known as the year of the great Cafe cull?

no, because a Café would shut down and another Café will open up in its place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hope not. Was a great spot to bring a date.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Was passing Casa Mia this evening and they thanked their customers for their custom over five years and that they had closed.

Advertisement