Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

mcgiggles wrote: »
    That's the wedding sweet table sorted for next month thanks!! :-) LOVE flying saucers!

cool - that sounds like its gonna be some wedding :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

That's the wedding sweet table sorted for next month thanks!! :-) LOVE flying saucers!

I love the juiciest inside them. Never had them in ages!

Vlove wrote: »
    I love the juiciest inside them. Never had them in ages!

There's Sherbet inside them... Think the outer is rice paper or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I blame the sugar tax :D

There's Sherbet inside them... Think the outer is rice paper or something

Its sugar inside and out anyhow lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lenan

Tiger is closing on Christmas eve. I'll be sorry to see it go.

lenan wrote: »

no, bloody hell !

Jillean6 wrote: »
    Mr Simms closed today. Just seen it on Facebook

what a shame they didnt last it out til Christmas at least - I suppose maybe their lease was up maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

what a shame they didnt last it out til Christmas at least - I suppose maybe their lease was up maybe

The coffee shop in front of it closed recently, I heard the owners are remodelling that area of quayside including shop Tiger is in, there will be a new entrance to centre.

sligoblue wrote: »
    The coffee shop in front of it closed recently, I heard the owners are remodelling that area of quayside including shop Tiger is in, there will be a new entrance to centre.

ah right, thats interesting - be fascinating to see what it looks like when finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

ah right, thats interesting - be fascinating to see what it looks like when finished.

They might even put a roof on it..

T-Bird wrote: »
    They might even put a roof on it..

well - thats good forward planning :D

EDIT: - got excited.... and then thought this is Sligo we are talking about! ... and then came crashing down to earth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

well - thats good forward planning :D

EDIT: - got excited.... and then thought this is Sligo we are talking about! ... and then came crashing down to earth :)

Hows your plan for a roof over O Connell St coming on?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hows your plan for a roof over O Connell St coming on?

come to full stop at the moment - not enough vision, a lot of apathy, no financial backers ... and most people just think ive lost the plot (which i most probably have ... a long time ago) :)

but thanks for asking :)

EDIT: still a lot of people getting wet as they walk up and down O'Connell street doing their shopping...

lenan wrote: »

aw jesus, how come? I really love the shop with its knick knacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

sligoblue wrote: »

Which coffee shop - not Insomnia???

Lisadell fuels and hardware in Grange is closed now as well . I just went over for a bag o coal and it was all shut up The vet next door said they closed last Friday with no announcement.

Lisadell fuels and hardware in Grange is closed now as well . I just went over for a bag o coal and it was all shut up The vet next door said they closed last Friday with no announcement.

bloody hell if you cannot sell fuel in these days of low temperatures with still a lot of winter ahead , it makes you wonder what kind of business suceeeds these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

bloody hell if you cannot sell fuel in these days of low temperatures with still a lot of winter ahead , it makes you wonder what kind of business suceeeds these days!

"With no announcement" makes me think something happened. I hope they're all well.

Speedwell wrote: »
    "With no announcement" makes me think something happened. I hope they're all well.

hopefully,

mind you doesnt it seem thats the way people go out of businessthese days - years ago they would be having a week of closing down sale and signs up saying they will be closing on "-" but these days its like when a business close down in these times they seem to cease trading immediately sometimes overnight!

• Advertisement

Update: I just heard he's moved to another premises and scaled down the operation.

Update: I just heard he's moved to another premises and scaled down the operation.

thats good news then

Tiger store made it onto Ocean FM News - so is it really a high rates issue or the rumour that the shops there are being reconstructed for a new entrance to the shopping centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Tiger store made it onto Ocean FM News - so is it really a high rates issue or the rumour that the shops there are being reconstructed for a new entrance to the shopping centre?

75k rent a year apparently!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Let's hope the entrance isn't designed by the same people who designed the shopping centre or people might not find their way in.

75k rent a year apparently!!

wow you would want to be selling a lot of quirky pencils to reach that payment!

Let's hope the entrance isn't designed by the same people who designed the shopping centre or people might not find their way in.

lets hope they re-design it so you dont have to walk though NEXT to get to the rest of the shopping centre? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

The little cafe that was at the front of Quayside (Oscar's) appears to be closed (papered over windows). That kinda lends to the "redeveloping" theory. Although if that's the case, why didn't they just offer the businesses affected another unit while redevelopment is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The little cafe that was at the front of Quayside (Oscar's) appears to be closed (papered over windows). That kinda lends to the "redeveloping" theory. Although if that's the case, why didn't they just offer the businesses affected another unit while redevelopment is going on?

Quayside is under new ownership and are making changes I guess. From what I see they have invested time and effort since they have taken over. Examples, entertainment during weekends and a hell of a good Christmas section.
    Now they are investing and hopefully correcting some of the mistakes such as stores in dreadful positions that will not be successful to the poor company that moves in there...

It is refreshing to see a company investing and trying to make a change. It might hopefully be a wakeup call to the small majority of families/councillors that own most of the retail space in Sligo, who are blocking every new development and want to keep the status quo...

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote: »
    Quayside is under new ownership and are making changes I guess. From what I see they have invested time and effort since they have taken over. Examples, entertainment during weekends and a hell of a good Christmas section.

It is refreshing to see a company investing and trying to make a change. It might hopefully be a wakeup call to the small majority of families/councilers that own most of the retail space in Sligo, who are blocking every new development and want to keep the status quo...

yes you really can see the changes evolving now with the quayside - was in there Sunday last, they have gone the extra mile with the Christmas dec's this year. nice touch that walkway with the twigs and the fairy lights and the sort of Christmas market by the toilets - could be indeed exciting times ahead for that shopping centre if as you say the new owners are passionate about it

Advertisement