Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Comments

sligono1 wrote: »
    I hear Next are to remain in Sligo now this has to be good news

We read it here on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Well I'm so so so sorry if I was late with the news thanks for letting me know ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Kiddies Kutz (the children's hairdressers inside Mothercare) closed down in April I believe. An awful shame; the lady there was fantastic with kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

carazeb wrote: »
    Kiddies Kutz (the children's hairdressers inside Mothercare) closed down in April I believe. An awful shame; the lady there was fantastic with kids.

Ah never knew there was a hairdressing salon in Mothercare!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Vlove wrote: »
    Ah never knew there was a hairdressing salon in Mothercare!

Which was possibly part of the problem, that people maybe weren't aware of its existence - come to think of it, I don't recall ever having seen it advertised anywhere other than on a board in the Mothercare shop entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Unique Gifts, formerly in Quayside, recently on Harmony Hill are closing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

prodsc wrote: »
    Unique Gifts, formerly in Quayside, recently on Harmony Hill are closing down.

Was that on the Quay Street side? Further indication of the horrible layout of the place. Where most people only usually only use it as a short cut to the rest of the centre. Have rarely met anyone walking through that section, or going in or out of them few units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

I see LBees in Johnson's Court is closing. I know it is part of Cordoners but an empty unit in JC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Sligo Today website is down. Maybe they are changing domains?

http://www.sligotoday.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

DenMan wrote: »
    The Sligo Today website is down. Maybe they are changing domains?

It's gone!
    The owner died a few weeks ago.
    To be honest, I found it to be far from impartial jounalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Does anyone know what the story with Henderson’s garage is on the Bundoran Road? I drove past it yesterday and everything was gone?! I’m due a service there next week.

Closing/closed as far as I know. Porter Ford, new dealership opening in Castlebaldwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Does anyone know what the story with Henderson’s garage is on the Bundoran Road? I drove past it yesterday and everything was gone?! I’m due a service there next week.

It's not closing down. They lost the Ford franchise and cars were being taken away during last week. They have a contract to service all the vehicles they had already sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

red sean wrote: »
    It's gone!
    The owner died a few weeks ago.
    To be honest, I found it to be far from impartial jounalism.

I just went back to it and it's back up and running. News from May! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

T-Bird wrote: »
    It's not closing down. They lost the Ford franchise and cars were being taken away during last week. They have a contract to service all the vehicles they had already sold.

thats a bit of an end of an era .. i used to get my ford parts from Henderson's in the 90's and i bet they were there way long before that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

DenMan wrote: »
    I just went back to it and it's back up and running. News from May! :confused:

Just spotted that the photos are worth a look there are more down the bottom of the photo page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

dingding wrote: »
    Just spotted that the photos are worth a look there are more down the bottom of the photo page.

If he's dead, then its not being maintained obviously.

If he's dead, then its not being maintained obviously.

Yes but it might be worth checking out the old photos before the site eventually disappears.

Some nice ones of various events in Sligo and the north west over the past 10 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dingding wrote: »
    Yes but it might be worth checking out the old photos before the site eventually disappears.

Some nice ones of various events in Sligo and the north west over the past 10 years or so.
    archive.org have scraped the site so should it go offline you can still get the info

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sligotoday.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭charman

Can we know the person's name. R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Armstrong Autobody Repairs on Ballast Quay seems to have gone, did they move anywhere are just shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Scarlet42

charman wrote: »
    Can we know the person's name. R.I.P.

Ciaran McCarthy - I had a few dealings with him and he was a gentleman

http://www.sligococo.ie/News/ThelateCiaranMcCarthy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭charman

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    Ciaran McCarthy - I had a few dealings with him and he was a gentleman

http://www.sligococo.ie/News/ThelateCiaranMcCarthy/

Thank you for that link. May he rest in peace.

met Ciaran once last year - pleasant man , friendly. I know people are entitled to their own opinions and views but i thought it a bit off someone on here criticising him of his reporting ... and so close after his death , a bit dis-respectful thats my view - I personally liked his news page and his style of reporting.

Indeed Ciaran was one of lifes gentlemen. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Worked alongside him and one stage on a hot desk in the BIC.. in an environment where people keep to themselves, it was refreshing that he came over and introduced himself almost immediately. Very nice guy. RIP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

T-Bird wrote: »

Update to above!

Henderson Ford ceased trading Friday 27th July according to a letter we got from them today. They must have been telling porkies or telling their staff porkies to keep everyone quiet....

That’s sad, they have been there for generations! How many were employed there?

I hope Homebase's sligo store will be safe from closure ....

homebase-to-cut-1-000-jobs-by-shutting-80-stores-next-week

• Advertisement

Advertisement