Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peridot...

I like to listen to Korean music. I like the female singers, maybe it has to do with the fact that my mother would sing to me when I was a small child. It's odd because I can't understand Korean words though because my mother never spoke to me in Korean, she only sang in Korean. Her reason was, we, (my sisters and I) are Americans and we did not need to know Korean.

But, I do love the music, it reminds me of home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭랴연

Is it ok to add to this ?

Heres a new song by another Korean band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPzE1KjSNvA

Very very catchy plus the girls are very sexy.
    Her reason was, we, (my sisters and I) are Americans and we did not need to know Korean

I'd say that sounds weird but having lived in Korea for a few years I can safely say nothing would surprise me any more :)

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be insulting, I have accepted that its just a different way of thinking. It is hard for me to understand the Koreans love of everything English language related & to a lesser extent American related.

Well that's not strictly true, a lot of of them love it and probably as many couldn't care less or even hate it.

I do find it strange though that a lot of Koreans seem so ready to abandon their own language in exchange for English and/or abandon Korea for another country.

I mean, honestly, I was looking for work here last month and a pregnant woman wanted to pay a foreigner (white American because only white Americans speak proper English ;) ) to come and talk to her stomach. I **** you not.

Then again, I am Irish and we can only blame the English for so much regarding the demise of Gaeilge. So its hardly just Koreans who are doing/have done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peridot...

You have to understand that my mother was living in Korea during the war. Her life there as a child was hard. Today she is 66 years old and still does not want to return to her birth country.

Today Korea is different, it is a much better place to be at. My father tells me that Korea today is so different from when he was there back in 1962. That is when he met my mother when he was in the Army.

She has her reasons for not wanting her children to learn Korean. Maybe it was fear, I do not know because she never wanted to talk about Korea. I think it is because her life was bad then. In all these years she never returned there. When I was growing up I'd ask her things about Korea and she'd get upset. So, what does that tell you?

You know Korea today, how nice it is, but you know nothing about it during the war, and even before then.

Have a good day!

Advertisement