Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrasing songs that remind you of momentous occasions in your life???

Options
  • 19-12-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Ok

So not intending for this thread to be therapy for anyone or anything, but my Dad passed away six months ago and I just realised that alot of the songs that remind me of him are terrible!!!

Not that he listened to terrible music or anything like that, but my strongest memories of him are from 1995 when we worked together for the year and though it is not surprising that songs from that era should set off a sense of melancholy in me, I was listening to the radio this morning and Def Bloody Leppard came on with "When Love and Hate Collide" and I got all sad!!!

This is a woeful song!!! I am shocking embaressed and cant help but feel I am insulting a good man's memory by getting upset by such drivel!!!

BTW break up songs do not count coz it has been done far too many times before. Other than that lets av em..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Tiffany - I think we're alone now. Dreadful shyte but whenever I hear it I'm taken right back to the night I first kissed this girl that I had a massive crush on at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Craig David - Fill Me In reminds me of when I was leaving London :(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

OP, one of the adverts in this thread is for Def Leppard's new album. I don't think the advertising system they're using has reached it's target audience!!
    Really crap songs by Aaliyah, Shanks and Bigfoot, DB Boulevard, and the song beginning with 'I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive...' all remind me of the last few months of my father's life. :mad:
    It's akin to having Scooter playing in the background as Debra Winger's telling her sons she's dying in Terms of Endearment.

There should be a law against this kind of thing.

Advertisement