Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4 x 4 Commercial from the UK

Options
  • 19-12-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if a 4x4 commercial vehicle imported from the UK qualifies for the cheap vrt rate of €50, or is it treated the same as a passenger 4x4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once its over a certain gross weight and a certain length, it comes in for the 50 quid; otherwise its 13.5% VRT. Figures are on revenue.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

yeah i had a look at revenue, but didn't really clarify it. I'll have a look again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

I think the load bay has to be a certain length as well - I could bring in a Defender 110 for €50 but a 90 would be charged the full rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

bigfeller wrote: »
    I think the load bay has to be a certain length as well - I could bring in a Defender 110 for €50 but a 90 would be charged the full rate.

Open to correction on this, but IIRC if you have 2 meters between the back of the drivers seat and the tailgate, you can qualify for €50 VRT

Yep - it's something along those lines. Can't remember the exact figures. It's been a few years since I looked into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Land Rovers commercial?/?? are these 50 Euro?

The VRT is if it's a 110. At least it was under the old tax scheme. I've no ideas how the new one effects it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

best thing to do is choose your 4x4, get all the nessecary details on it and phone the revenue to check the cost before you purchase.

Open to correction on this, but IIRC if you have 2 meters between the back of the drivers seat and the tailgate, you can qualify for €50 VRT

ok so, that leads onto the next question, What good 4x4 commercials are out there that would qualify for this €50?

I am toying around with the idea of getting one. I have a booth full of training equipment(balls rucking pads etc) , sports gear, golf clubs etc And I am tall and hate getting in and out of the car as the seat is so low. so a commerial jeep seems like the appropriate option with low annual road tax.

Whats your budget?
    Stay away from freelanders, they can be troublesome

• Advertisement

probably about 4 or 5 k. I was looking at a freelander before and they are meant to be absolute muck. There is one in a garage backhome, and they can't get rid of it at all.
    I was thinking something with 2.5 diesel engine. Don't really know much about jeeps. I don't need a massive engine, as lets be honest, I won't be pulling horse boxs through fields etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I imported a '08 X5 from the uk in feb to be commercial and the vrt was 50.

mitsubishis are good and you will get one on your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

To be classed as a cat C and qualify for the €50 euro rate the GVW must be over 2520kg and the wheelbase over 2.45m.

Advertisement