Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dublin Transportation Office

• 19-12-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

As the duties of the Dublin Transportation Office are, it seems, to be taken over by the new Dublin Transport Authority in 2009, now (the end of 2008) might be a good time to look at the achievements of the DTO.

They have a very useful journey planner. (I'm not sure if they designed this themselves, or whether they purchased it from an outside agency - but it is very useful)

They have a very nice, colourful website.

And they've shown no reluctance to move around the city - from St. Stephen's Green to Abbey Street - presumably in an effort to better understand the city's transport needs.

My question is, what are the other achievements of the DTO which should be noted before it is subsumed into a wider authority?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Try writing to John Henry, he is the head bod there. :)

I'm sure that he will fill you in!!!!!!!;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The DTO has also published a bunch of cycle track maps which have little bases in reality.

Oh, and it has been reported that the new body will now be a national body rather than a Dublin one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Any idea on when it will be set up?

Advertisement