Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Paypal

Options
  • 19-12-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to set up a susbcription for another boards.ie through paypal using a credit card and to be honest, it is a propper pain in the hole, and I'm getting no where.

Are there any other payment options to do this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Not at the moment, unfortunately.

There's a couple of different options available to us, but not without interacting more with credit card information than we're comfortable with doing for a simple subscription.

I think any move in this area is going to be a part of creating a boards.ie shop for buying mugs/t-shirts, etc, but I don't know what the plans are there.

Settting up Paypal with your credit card should be reasonably straight-forward, that said, I've avoided Paypal myself for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well I can't add paypal to my bank account without a card reader (15 working day period)

I don't mind someone processing CC details over the phone if that can be done.

failing that I will just return the person's cash to them.

Oh and it was a one-off sub I was trying to purchase for this person, I wouldn't really be asking for recurring sub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Check your pm

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm not sure why you would need a card reader or need to add paypal to your bank account as it's just an intermediary between transactions, same as shopping on amazon.com or any other credit card processing retailer.

It might be worthwhile calling Paypal, you should have access to a help centre / contact page in your paypal account.

CuLT wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you would need a card reader or need to add paypal to your bank account as it's just an intermediary between transactions, same as shopping on amazon.com or any other credit card processing retailer.

It might be worthwhile calling Paypal, you should have access to a help centre / contact page in your paypal account.

When I tried to add paypal to my anytime banking the site said i needed a card reader.

• Advertisement

Vexorg wrote: »
    Check your pm

Got your IM . sent you a reply.

Advertisement