Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heros Sweets - DON'T Buy. CON WARNING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Crap! I think we have a box of them at home for over the Christmas.
    I can't believe they took the Dream one's and replaced it with stupid Bournville.

That survey excuse is the biggest load, who would pick Bournville over Timeout's? I do like Eclairs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That's pretty bad form to be honest. Very reminiscent of MS and the whole Hotmail redesign. Trying to tell people what they want.

I'd say there will be a lot of annoyed families out there next week. The "Heroes" tin can be found in most households in Ireland this time of year. While I'm a fan of dark chocolate, I know its not for everyone. They can't justify putting it in the box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well the tins advertise a selection - apparently what you might be getting is only two different kinds.

Yikes!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

they say its normal that they switch the available sweets in the tin every year or so, personally I love dark choc and its much better for you :)
    Though no where near as nice as Cadburys Black & Green's dark choc brand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Biggins wrote: »
    Well the tins advertise a selection - apparently what you might be getting is only two different kinds.

Yikes!
    i dont think its as bad as that!
    they switched some of the brands, not cut the selection down to just 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Nice one extra Bournville for me.

subway wrote: »

Quote from the news report:
    Without warning, the nation's favourite chocolatier has axed four ranges - Time Outs, Picnics, Dreams and Crunchies - from tins of Heroes and replaced them with just two - Bournvilles and toffee Eclairs.

Here again, is the report you didn't read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1097443/Choc-horror-Penny-pinching-Cadburys-Heroes-zeroes-swapping-favourites-dark-chocolates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Anyone considering buying tins of Heros sweets, better think again.
    Apparently what you see on the tin is NOT what you might get inside

Cadbury's are dumping the least liked dark chocolate batches into tins, offloading them onto unsuspecting customers.

See here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1097443/Choc-horror-Penny-pinching-Cadburys-Heroes-zeroes-swapping-favourites-dark-chocolates.html

i love how most of Ireland is just starting to wake up and realise what stupid **** they've been buying for the past ten years

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

i love how most of Ireland is just starting to wake up and realise what stupid **** they've been buying for the past ten years
    What? The Daily Mail or Heroes? :)

i did read it, you read it wrong :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I just think it is ridiculous that they put the Eclair in there. Since when was there a bar sized Eclair??? At least the Bourneville is a miniature version of a chocolate bar, which is what Heroes were supposed to be all about. I miss the Crunchie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

ah whats the worry, its normal to replace the sweet/choc every so often just a bit more noticeable when its replaced by a choc that not too many like, such as me, but think of the dark choc lover for once.

anyways biggins they still have everything else that was in it last year, open a tin/box find out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sick of Cadburys doing this.
    First they made a shyte of Roses, and now this.

Mars Celebrations FTW!!!

*drool at mini Galaxys and Malteasers!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If Cadbury find this thread they'll be replacing everything with laxative chocolate to give us all a run for our money. They're giving Quakers a bad name!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What's the problem? They always change contents. There aren't less chocolates. And contrary to the OP, they do show Eclairs and Bourneville on the tin. I'd be more worried about taking the Daily Mail at face value.

It also seems Picnic and Time Out were taken out quite some time ago, so they aren't even replacing 4 with 2, like that rag are claiming, but replacing 2 with 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

I am wondering if the Daily Mail are right about this. Cadburys are still selling their heros selections and clearly advertise the full variety of heros.!!

http://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/asp/product_description.asp?recorprod=1&product=6981&cat=0&recor=1&PT_ID=&V=7100

In light of this I think ecadburys have a poor management and unappreciated workforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well if its in The Daily Mail it must be true, although according to them it was probably some immigrant dole scrounger that was responsible, if you read the Mail and take anything they say seriously you are an idiot, fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We got a box of these in work and it's definitely true. I like Bourneville though so I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this is a dream come true !!!!!!!!!!!!

/*drools and runs to see if he's lucky enough to have gotten a tin full of bournville :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just working through a tin right now. Its keeping us all happy here, we have a bourneville fan, and they still have the twirls in there. They took out the Dreams and Crunchies which always got left in our house anyway. Maybe they were on to something and its not a rip off after all?

And the tin is not misleading, it shows what youre getting. Its just noone notices the different packets shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

Pythia wrote: »
    We got a box of these in work and it's definitely true. I like Bourneville though so I'm happy.

you checked 1 box so its true

thats it, case closed then

For those who thought I was talking through my ass, see this thread before ye are quick to be picky:
    They are also doing it to other sweets, taking out some ranges also but not telling the public!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055447976

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

MMmmmmm Bourneville, Soooo sweet and tasty. Their my favorite and i Love not having to share them.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

subway wrote: »

In the picture in the article, the tin advertises twirl, cadbury caramel, and something else I can't make out (crunchie maybe?) but contains only eclairs and bournville.

For those who thought I was talking through my ass, see this thread before ye are quick to be picky:
    They are also doing it to other sweets, taking out some ranges also but not telling the public!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055447976

What are you on about? In Heroes, there are pictures on the tin of what is inside. How is this not telling the public? In Roses, they didn't remove them, they are just in different wrappers, like it says in the thread you linked to. And, as always, there are pictures of what is in the different wrappers. Again, not hiding anything. My God, try thinking.

In the picture in the article, the tin advertises twirl, cadbury caramel, and something else I can't make out (crunchie maybe?) but contains only eclairs and bournville.

No. The picture in the article clearly shows an Eclair on the tin and you can just about make out the beginning of a Bourneville picture. And the reason the tin only contains Eclair and Bourneville is because the rest have obviously been removed. The tin is mostly empty, FFS.

Here's a couple of pictures to help some of you. First, the picture in the article, which clearly shows an Eclair and the beginning of a red wrapper which could only be Bourneville. That much was obvious before even seeing another tin for comparison.
    heroes.jpg

Now a picture of the box turned a bit more to make them clearer
    heroes2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The vast majority of people in the UK and Ireland prefer Dairy Milk to Bournville as can be seen from the range of bars available from Cadbury (have you ever seen a Bournville with Caramel, Whole Nut etc?)

We got a couple of tins of Roses and Heroes in work and the quality of the sweets have definitely gone down this year.

Several sweets in the Roses selection such as the chewy caramel have gone down a lot in quality this year. The heroes selection is crap, most people don't like dark chocolate so the one or two that did had a lot of the tin to themselves. Bourneville was removed from Roses a few years ago because it was unpopular and now they have put it in Heroes instead.

Cadburys must use the same market research company as Dixons (Currys a better brand than Dixons????!)

I suppose it could have been worse, they could have used sweets from their factories in Eastern Europe, which are horrible. Or even worse, used chocolate from their American partners Hersheys (rotten vomit-inducing muck!)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Kahless wrote: »
    No. The picture in the article clearly shows an Eclair on the tin and you can just about make out the beginning of a Bourneville picture. And the reason the tin only contains Eclair and Bourneville is because the rest have obviously been removed. The tin is mostly empty, FFS.

Oh so I see now. Fair enough.

• Advertisement

i cant believe this thread is still going, and people are still quoting me to try and prove me wrong.
    merry christmas everyone :)

Advertisement