Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for a loan

Options
  • 19-12-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I'm unemployed and I want a small loan, €1,500(I did say small) I know I could save up and have this within a matter of months but it would be better if I had it sooner. Is there anywhere that will give me a loan that small and not mind that I'm unemployed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Probably a credit union is your safest option..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The credit union would be best for someone in your situation. If you're not already a member, go in and join. You may need to build up some level of savings before they give you your first loan, but they can probably advise as to what that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

yeah cr union. keep away from the sharks. especially teh ones whoi are sooooooooo nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I am a member of a credit union when I'm in there I always see a sign up of what you need when applying for a loan and one of those things are proof of a job, P??(I always get mixed up with the P's) or a letter from the employer. I am going to get in there and ask, can't do any harm in asking.

Also if I did get a loan from a shark, they would have another thing coming, my uncle was high up in the gardai and knows alot people even higher that are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Orla K wrote: »
    I am a member of a credit union when I'm in there I always see a sign up of what you need when applying for a loan and one of those things are proof of a job, P??(I always get mixed up with the P's) or a letter from the employer. I am going to get in there and ask, can't do any harm in asking.

No harm to just open an account and put in a fiver a week. Sometimes just showing a "savings habit" is enough if the loan you're looking for is sufficiently small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I went into the credit union today, I don't need to show I've been saving all I need is €600 in the account then they'll give me €1500. So, I'll probably do that. All I need now is to gather up €600, hopefully I'll have it sorted before Christmas.

Advertisement