Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet access changes to limited access

Options
  • 19-12-2008 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Every so often my internet connection changes to local access only. Why is this? Is it because eircom changes my ip and if so why? I have to disconnect and then reconnect.

I have a netopia nwg 2247 router

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah your assigned a new ip every 24 hours with eircom, the router shoud pick this up and loose conenction for 30 seconds to a few mins but come back up right away without any need for a manual reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Every so often my internet connection changes to local access only. Why is this? Is it because eircom changes my ip and if so why? I have to disconnect and then reconnect.

I have a netopia nwg 2247 router

you using wireless or cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

nuxxx wrote: »
    you using wireless or cable?
    wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Anti wrote: »
    Yeah your assigned a new ip every 24 hours with eircom, the router shoud pick this up and loose conenction for 30 seconds to a few mins but come back up right away without any need for a manual reboot
    Ok didn't realise it would reboot itself.Why change ip every 24 hours? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wireless

Happens to me loads, problem wont happen on a wired connection.

If you loose transmission for a split second local access will appear, i.e the signal where your loosing the laptop is too weak.

Use a ethernet cable or choose a better setup for your wireless router

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Anti wrote: »
    Yeah your assigned a new ip every 24 hours with eircom, t

Are you sure about this? I leave my modem on all the time and always have the same i/p address until I reset the connection.

Advertisement