Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester City Targets

Options
  • 19-12-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Ive been finding it reasonably hard to attract the top world players to Man City. With shedloads of cash to dole out this is obviously a problem!

Once you eventually end up paying a sick amount of money for Kaka or the likes, they dont want to come!

Arshavin is the biggest name ive signed.

Anybody else have any luck with the Galacticos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

What Manager Rep do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

just starting the game so poor id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Your clubs reputation + the reputation of the manager will have a bearing on your ability to attract the very best in the world.

So i figure to increase those you need to either:

- Start winning trophies / leagues
    - Start game anew with your Manager Rep as Former International
    - Or both

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

I just started with them last night. I bought Diego and Akinfeev for 25 mil each. Both are world class players though. Also bought Lassana Diarra for 15 mil, he's also a pretty good player. And Sebastian Giovinco, try play him and the left wing though for about 10 mil. Oh and Gareth Bale for about 10 mil as wel, he's a class young player for me.

There is other players u can try buy, like Darijo Srna, hes a class right back, Spurs offered him a better contract than me though so it went downhill from there.

Also look at your players favoured personnel, some of those players are more willing to join just bcoz their friend plays for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I managed them and signed Radek Sirl (LWB) and he's fantastic.

• Advertisement

getting a new laptop delivered 2moro so first thing going on it is fm09

whats the transfer budgets of teams like man city,liverpool etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

getting a new laptop delivered 2moro so first thing going on it is fm09

whats the transfer budgets of teams like man city,liverpool etc.

Dire except for City. Liverpool have only 4m and MU have about 10m. There is a trick you can do to get more money, but I haven't tried it out in the new patches.

Your laptop may struggle to run the 3D match engine unless it's a gaming one.

Dire except for City. Liverpool have only 4m and MU have about 10m. There is a trick you can do to get more money, but I haven't tried it out in the new patches.

Your laptop may struggle to run the 3D match engine unless it's a gaming one.

nah u just need 2gigs of ram. it should run fairly perfect then. all i no is leeds have given me 100,000 which is ****e as i cant buy anyone decent

nah u just need 2gigs of ram. it should run fairly perfect then. all i no is leeds have given me 100,000 which is ****e as i cant buy anyone decent

Sorry, but that is crap. 2 gigs of Ram barely runs Vista.

I have a laptop with 3 gig and it doesn't run the 3D match engine...

Believe me the RAM only makes a difference to speed when you have a large database.

Graphics cards run the 3D match engine and believe me, because I know what I'm talking about, you need a good one to run it properly.

CPU makes the game run fast outside of the match.

Sorry, but that is crap. 2 gigs of Ram barely runs Vista.

I have a laptop with 3 gig and it doesn't run the 3D match engine...

Believe me the RAM only makes a difference to speed when you have a large database.

Graphics cards run the 3D match engine and believe me, because I know what I'm talking about, you need a good one to run it properly.

CPU makes the game run fast outside of the match.

no im quite sure i no what im talkin about. u could be runnin a million processes. but i have a fairly average graphics card and 2 gigs of ram and the game runs perfectly on my laptop. and its vista as wel

• Advertisement

well the laptop i am getting has AMD TurionTM X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor 2.1 ghz, 4 gig of ram, 250 gig harddrive and Intergrated Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 512MB so i hope it will run fm09 like a dream,want to play a few leagues with a large database and play seasons that dont take days

well the laptop i am getting has AMD TurionTM X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor 2.1 ghz, 4 gig of ram, 250 gig harddrive and Intergrated Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 512MB so i hope it will run fm09 like a dream,want to play a few leagues with a large database and play seasons that dont take days

Dell Inspiron or XPS perhaps? mine is the exact same except for 2 gigs of ram and a 320 gig harddrive

no its a hp

bought it off ebuyer for 450,bargain

still waiting for it to deliver,have to install vista 64 bit though so as to get the full use of the 4gigs of ram

no im quite sure i no what im talkin about. u could be runnin a million processes. but i have a fairly average graphics card and 2 gigs of ram and the game runs perfectly on my laptop. and its vista as wel

Just because your laptop runs the game doesn't mean it's because of the RAM.

I build and repaired PCs for a good couple of years. The 3D match engine requires a decent graphics card. If my laptop has 3 gigs of RAM and a duel core processor and can't run the 3D match engine then explain that one to me.

EDIT: Read your post about your XPS. A average graphics card my hole. Your machine is very powerful, do you know the standard of graphics cards at all?

no im quite sure i no what im talkin about. u could be runnin a million processes. but i have a fairly average graphics card and 2 gigs of ram and the game runs perfectly on my laptop. and its vista as wel[/QUOTE

Just because your laptop runs the game doesn't mean it's because of the RAM.

I build and repaired PCs for a good couple of years. The 3D match engine requires a decent graphics card. If my laptop has 3 gigs of RAM and a duel core processor and can't run the 3D match engine then explain that one to me.

EDIT: Read your post about your XPS. A average graphics card my hole. I thought you knew what you were talking about?

as i said you could be running like a million processes. I've managed to get mine down to 44 from 110. So my computer runs fairly quickly. The RAM does actually allow my comp to run quicker.

Never said I had an XPS, u can find some with average graphics cards believe it or not. I have an Inspiron.

as i said you could be running like a million processes. I've managed to get mine down to 44 from 110. So my computer runs fairly quickly. The RAM does actually allow my comp to run quicker.

Never said I had an XPS, u can find some with average graphics cards believe it or not. I have an Inspiron.

What are your specs?

Why are you talking about processes by the way and how many you are running?

EDIT: I don't think you realise what I'm saying. I couldn't give a monkeys about RAM speed for your Comp or for FM (I don't mean that in a bad way :)). I'm talking about the 3D match engine which does require a decent card to run it. Forget about everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Why would you start with Man City?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Where's the fun in that? Like challenge :D

Why would you start with Man City?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Where's the fun in that? Like challenge :D

Indeed, unless they are your favourite team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

all you need is for the chipset to support DirectX 9.0c. and 128MB memory. I have the 8400GSm in this laptop and it's a piece of turd, not what anyone would call decent, but it still runs the match engine, albeit it struggles at times, but it still runs. have a decent enough core2duo in there so it handles the other stuff grand.

AFAIK all the current line of Intel integrated graphics chipsets will support 9.0c and provide enough memory to run the match engine. It will struggle but it should still run. I think you have to go back well over a year to find an integrated chipset that doesn't.

all you need is for the chipset to support DirectX 9.0c. and 128MB memory. I have the 8400GSm in this laptop and it's a piece of turd, not what anyone would call decent, but it still runs the match engine, albeit it struggles at times, but it still runs. have a decent enough core2duo in there so it handles the other stuff grand.

AFAIK all the current line of Intel integrated graphics chipsets will support 9.0c and provide enough memory to run the match engine. It will struggle but it should still run. I think you have to go back well over a year to find an integrated chipset that doesn't.

I meant run it smoothly. I would never recommend a card that didn't run the match engine fully and smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I meant run it smoothly. I would never recommend a card that didn't run the match engine fully and smoothly.

thing is though, FM is one of those games that doesn't need to necessarily run fully to be enjoyable. high fps is good for games where precision is is required, like in first person shooters, but at the end of the day the match engine is just a visualisation to help you choose your tactics better. it need only run at about 4 frames/sec to do this. once you get like me and get used to running on low end hardware your whole life you really do begin to realize how little of an impact high end hardware makes to the enjoyability of a lot of games. I'm not saying good hardware isn't a good thing, but it's definitely overrated in terms of how it affects ones enjoyment of the game.

thing is though, FM is one of those games that doesn't need to necessarily run fully to be enjoyable. high fps is good for games where precision is is required, like in first person shooters, but at the end of the day the match engine is just a visualisation to help you choose your tactics better. it need only run at about 4 frames/sec to do this. once you get like me and get used to running on low end hardware your whole life you really do begin to realize how little of an impact high end hardware makes to the enjoyability of a lot of games. I'm not saying good hardware isn't a good thing, but it's definitely overrated in terms of how it affects ones enjoyment of the game.

I agree with you it's just that what you said is a matter of opinion and some people might feel the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I bought Diarra and Santa Cruz right off,both good players in the game.got gareth barry a little later. After you are with City for a few seasons and win a few cups and good league position,better players will want to come to you. Ended up buying messi,kaka and the likes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Have you tried going for Ben Arfa? He should sign for you and is really good...

Advertisement