Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend football

Options
  • 19-12-2008 4:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking of a double on Blackburn/Wolves odds are 3.3 on betfair....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Man City
    Blackburn

@4.13 Paddy Powers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Surefire winners..

Millwall
    Raith Rovers
    Wolves

take the treble and get 5/2 odds

if your ballsy throw in inter milan to beat siena aswell and you will get around 11/2 (from memory, i done my lines on wednesday)

love to investigate my footy before i lay money on it and those are the only ones i could come up with that i felt 110% positive with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Millwall - Crewe, Millwall near full strength, Crewe have no defenders.

Villa (surely they can see off West ham?)
    Wolves
    Millwall
    Brechin City

11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

West Brom v Man City 5/4
    Siena v Inter Milan 8/13
    Caen v Lyon 5/6
    Doncaster v Wolves 4/5

@10.99 my only bet of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

fergmcd wrote: »
    West Brom v Man City 5/4
    Siena v Inter Milan 8/13
    Caen v Lyon 5/6
    Doncaster v Wolves 4/5

Away games, the bane of my life. City missing Robinho too.

Villa 11/8 vs. West Ham (A)
    QPR Evs vs Preston (H)
    MK Dons Evs vs Leeds (H)
    At. Madrid 11/10 vs Espanyol (A)

20/1 odds. €5 on it.

• Advertisement

that west ham away one scares me i wont lie :) O'Neill has villa playing quality football at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Villa are away to west ham, he is betting on villa to win...he just has them written the wrong way around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

sternn wrote: »
    Villa are away to west ham, he is betting on villa to win...he just has them written the wrong way around :)

villa wont beat west ham away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

can anyone tell me what odds reading were? and also at -1? was going to be my only bet of the weekend but forgot that they were on a early start!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Was thinking of a double on Blackburn/Wolves odds are 3.3 on betfair....

Stupidly added milwall to this :(

• Advertisement

:( I thought Wolves were going to blow it but Millwall did. I have done a saver which I am not posting up as that'll hex it.

So far so good, MK Dons and QPR in the bag.

Just waiting on Villa and Athletico Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hey anyone know what the Odds was on this

Fulham
    Blackburn
    Man city

I've €10 on this. Didnt check odds in the shop.

I've 2 up in the so far.. Just wondering what odds would be on it?

Also is there a way of checking pre-match odds of a match

thanks.

NeVeR wrote: »

Fulham
    Blackburn
    Man city

thanks.

www.betcalculator.com is a great site for working out accumulator odds

not sure of the odds sorry

i to had millwall, i nearly cried but like another posted i to put on something "to make up for it + more" that i will mention now since it came up

Lille
    Lyon
    Inter Milan
    NAC Breda

got 7/1, had to lump on it to make up for earlier but lucky it paid off

sadly aswell i was doing live betting and when i seen stoke with +3 hdcp and 30 mins to go at 4/1 i seen this as a steal.. merson had mentioned many times blackburns goals were against run of play and the majority of teams at 3-0 up will take their foot off the gas.. sadly that wasnt to be either :(

mike65 wrote: »
    :( I thought Wolves were going to blow it but Millwall did. I have done a saver which I am not posting up as that'll hex it.

phew!

After my afternoon disasters (some nags a tad dissapointing as well) a good recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

West Brom v Man City 5/4
    Siena v Inter Milan 8/13
    Caen v Lyon 5/6
    Doncaster v Wolves 4/5

Took out Man City and put in Villa instead at better odds, so happy I did. Had some tense day with the 4 all winning by a single goal. Generally a late goal or lucky goal. Has me a nice few hundred better off for the holidays. Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

NeVeR wrote: »

Fulham
    Blackburn
    Man city

thanks.

Go on to Ladbrokes.com. Check their results tab and they usually give the pre match odds on all the bets that would have won. That's what I usually do anyway. I backed Blackburn at 8/11 and Fulham at evens. You going to lay off some of it??

Best of luck. It would be a nice early Christmas present:D:D Around 80 quid isnt it?

Away games, the bane of my life. City missing Robinho too.

Villa 11/8 vs. West Ham (A)
    QPR Evs vs Preston (H)
    MK Dons Evs vs Leeds (H)
    At. Madrid 11/10 vs Espanyol (A)

20/1 odds. €5 on it.

Delighted. €100 in the bank. Thank feck for the uselessness of Lucas Neill.

Delighted. €100 in the bank. Thank feck for the uselessness of Lucas Neill.

nice one :) sunday is upon us now and european football delights :)

left my main coupon out, i am scared to jinx it after yesterdays Millwall result although i will say it dosent include Catania (who after looking into it 7/2 are great odds, they are playing fantastic at home in serie A this season and roma have been poor generally all over but still have a dismal away record..)

• Advertisement

Big Chief wrote: »
    Catania (who after looking into it 7/2 are great odds, they are playing fantastic at home in serie A this season and roma have been poor generally all over but still have a dismal away record..)

got the 7/2 shot on my accumulator and 13/8 Genoa and i end up getting screwed by a 1/2 shot (as a sure fire winner to add up the odds,greed..)... should realy know when to stop adding dashes to the slip :(

hope the rest of you got on well

just waiting on barca,AC Milan and porto treble and xmas gifts might be alot nicer than expected ;)

<edit: 20 seconds after i posted this villareal scored.. thats the jinx i am talking about for god sake>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Took out Man City and put in Villa instead at better odds, so happy I did. Had some tense day with the 4 all winning by a single goal. Generally a late goal or lucky goal. Has me a nice few hundred better off for the holidays. Happy Days!

Come on!!! Post up your bets or don't try to take credit for them.

Anyone can pick winners after the final whistle....

Big Chief wrote: »
    nice one :) sunday is upon us now and european football delights :)

left my main coupon out, i am scared to jinx it after yesterdays Millwall result although i will say it dosent include Catania (who after looking into it 7/2 are great odds, they are playing fantastic at home in serie A this season and roma have been poor generally all over but still have a dismal away record..)

That second one was unlucky. Only one off. Was looking at Cagliari earlier and they had a goo few injuries so wasn't goin near them. My one today was one off aswell, thought Sevilla would do the job but only drew. Had Catania and Genoa in the treble too.

That second one was unlucky. Only one off. Was looking at Cagliari earlier and they had a goo few injuries so wasn't goin near them. My one today was one off aswell, thought Sevilla would do the job but only drew. Had Catania and Genoa in the treble too.

and porto 1/3 screwed my treble and screwed me out of 500 euros :-(

i watched a live stream for the match, was like watching man utd vs east stirling, they had 11 men behind the ball in the box just punting it for the last 25 mins and lying down at every opportunity

wasnt happy with that, c'est la vie :-(

Advertisement