Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hypothetical Example relating to garda fine and wrong name

Options
  • 19-12-2008 5:02pm

Just saaaay you got pulled over for holding a mobile phone but the fine in the post to you has your name spelled wrong.

Can you get out of being the baddy that you are due to this erroneous error?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

No.
    The will amend the name in court. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The thread will self lock in 5 seconds.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Can you get out of being the baddy that you are due to this erroneous error?
    Would an erroneous error not be what was intended.

The summons will be ammended on the day. Your only valid defence is if the Garda wasn't wearing his hat at the time. In this case the case will be struck out, the Garda has to pay you €200 for your time and the judge buys you lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Hypothetically I'd take it on the chin and pay the €60! :D I got caught shortly after they introduced the ban and got busted on my phone coming off the M50 at Ballymount. Bought a bluetooth headset the next day.

Advertisement