Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Reverse Charge from a Mobile

• 19-12-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone know how I can (or if I can) make a call reverse charge from a mobile? Having lived in the US for a couple of years, I still have various accounts over there in my name. My bank has a 'call collect' number for customer assistance, but calling 10 for the operator or 114 for the international operator (which I'm pretty sure is how you used to be able to do this) gets a "number not recognized" message on my 3 mobile phone.

11811 were no help, and I wasn't able to connect to 11818.

Is this even possible anymore? I prefer not to use a service like 1800-reverse, as they've always struck me as being kind of scammy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

No mobile operator offers traditional operator services, in fact even eircom has withdrawn many of the old-school services from 10 and 114, they're also not available from anything other than a regular landline.

If you call AT&T's USA Direct number, you can get an AT&T operator to do a reverse charge/collect call for you. Oddly enough, US operators are still pretty active.

For North America try:
    Dial 1-800 550 001 for AT&T
    1-800 550 551 001 for MCI
    1-800 550 555 001 for Canada Direct (All major canadian telcos)

NB, you HAVE to call from a landline, they will not accept a call from mobiles.

Alternatively, if you have a Blueface (VoIP) phone you can call US 1-800 for free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canada J Soup

Very useful info. Thanks!

Advertisement