Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 voicemail - rings before diverting

Options
  • 19-12-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I've a quick question regarding O2 voicemail settings.
    How do I configure the number of rings before incoming calls are diverted to
    O2 voicemail ?

I'm using an iPhone 3g.
    I couldn't hear the option on the 171/voicemail IVR menus and I couldn't easily find the answer on the O2 website. I seem to be defaulting currently to 3 rings which is way too short.

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Contact customer care and the will be able to extend it for you or at least they used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you're on bill pay dial 1909 and follow the prompts, you can do it yourself through the menus. You get a text when it's changed. Although, unbelievably it takes about 24 hours to happen!

The interactive customer care system prints out a little label, that's attached to a carrier pigeon who flies to the switching centre and a specially trained monkey brings the message down to an engineer who adjusts the clockwork mechanism that diverts your calls.

At least, that's what I suspect's going on otherwise, it should happen instantaneously. On most normal networks you can adjust it yourself with a * code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Using the standard GSM code of *61*[Phone Number]*11*[Time]# mine changed instantly around this time last year. Not sure if it's still supported. Your voicemail phone number should be in full format (including the '5'!).

It's free anyway, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I tried that code first and it didn't work. For some utterly bizarre reason, O2 doesn't support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It does work on billpay, prepay customer care have to do it for you

• Advertisement

It no longer works on Billpay either. I have an iPhone on bill pay, tried those codes and they were rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

So is there any quick way to turn this on??? I have a voicemail recording done but my phone just rings out

Advertisement