Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help whats going on with soundcard ?

Options
  • 19-12-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I got an Audigy xfi soundcard for around 40 quid.
    Placed it in its slot and every time after a few minutes when my pc starts it just RE-STARTS every time because of this sound card!? I didnt get a chance to install the drivers..

Ive taken it out, hence im writing this.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the card sounds like it's not playing nice with your mobo. Couple of options here, 1) test the card in another machine, if it's causing problems / also crashing it's the cards fault (probably shorting). 2) Could be a conflict with your mainboard, a bios update may fix problems, but not necessarly and 3) could be a dodgy pci slot (pci-e?) on your mainboard, have you tried in another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

its prob the pci slot, ill try it in another. thanks bot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 andrewison

This could be several thing to be honest , I would look initially to see if your MB has an onboard sound card, if so obviously disable it. Then I would deffo install the drivers for it , especially the most up to date one. Could be a faulty card, get a cloth and clean the contact on the card. Other suggestions would be do a windows update to see of there are any compatability issues but since it is a SB , normally these are very stable.
    Try swapping it and this would elimate the card. Might suggest upgrading the bios on motherboard as last effort.....but 70% of the times it is the card

Let us know how it goes.

Advertisement