Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 2G update

Options
  • 19-12-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have been on firmware version 2.0 for months now and decided to update it to 2.2 via iTunes I also downloaded Quickpwn to unlock it again after I updated it.

But here is the funny part...I didn't have to pwn it after the 2.2 update via iTunes ?? I thought if you updated via iTunes you would have pwn your iPhone to unlock it again? Well i did before when going from 1.4 --> 2.0.

I'm now on Version 2.2 (5G77)

Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Nah it should stay unlocked going from 2.0 -> 2.2 Quickpwn is just to jail break so you can add 3rd party apps to the phone via cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Really I would have thought updating it from iTunes would cause it to be locked again just like when I did it going from 1.4 --> 2.0

Will all updates be like that from now on ?

Advertisement