Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2009 + Steam issue

Options
  • 19-12-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Lads this is the only game i play so forgive me if this a stupid question. I have the cd, installed it as instructed, had to install "Steam" too....so apparently i run the game through Steam. I activated the product through Steam, but when i go to launch the game again it says it will take 2 hours to launch...surely this can't be right...why can't i just run it off my laptop???
    PLEASE some tell me what i'm doing wrong??????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi,
    More than likely Steam is downloading the first patch for the game.....
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Actually,
    Just launched my game now and I see its going to take 15-20 minutesto launch, looks like a second patch has been released now as well.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EmilioB

like i ran it last night by just activating the product as opposed to waiting for this updating business to reach 100%. So you say this is a once off? Can i not run the game withouth Steam? I'm so mixfused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's a one off. It's the new update.

Advertisement