Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G Capping?

• 19-12-2008 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Is there a way to stop 3g / edge just before the 50mb daily cut off point so that one doesn't go over.

Any app for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can check your usage often or after each session. If on Meteor *#105# and if on O2 then *113#. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but might help if you weren't already aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I don't think your're likely to go over the limit. I have only used 108MB in total and I've had my iPhone over 2 months. I'd surf the net a few times a day and check my emails every few hours, so it's not like I don't use the data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Reset statistics each morning on the phone (settings>general>usage) and keep an eye on your cellular data usage during the day. As a poster said above, I think that you will find it hard to use 50MB each day unless you are streaming radio or video.

Any apps that I have ever used in the past on any phone are never as good as the phone's own data counter IMO

Advertisement