Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mad!?

• 19-12-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for suggestions!? Basically have just finished an apprenticeship and now don't know what to do in life! Looking or job satisfaction and don't think my chosen trade can do it for me! Have always had an interest in film production, just didn't realise this when I finished school, so just wondering being 24 is it too late? Regret not knowing and going to film school after my leaving.

Heading to Vancouver in April all going well, hear this is a good city for film production. Hoping to get started there.

Thinking of doing a short course in the Galway Film Institute this spring just to get a jist of it. See if I like it. Recommended?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

@24? too late? you're still a kid dude, just go out and do it! Yes Vancouver is a hive of activity. And yes, a short course will help but there's nothing like hands-on experience on a shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

24 is definetely not too late. A guy in our film course is in his early 50's, so I think you're grand. It's never too late.

Advertisement