Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Jerky Live and Recorded TV on Vista - Help!

• 19-12-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hiya!

Oh dear. I've just watched a v-v-very j-j-jerky episode of Despra' Oul' Wans that was recorded from our ntl digital signal via our computer (Vista Home Premium) and played back in Windows Media Centre.

We've had sooo many problems with this Vista/WMC set-up.

For ages it kept mucking up the recordings - recording only a few minutes of each programme or not recording them at all.

So we upgraded the Vista TV pack and now (touch wood) the recording problem seems to be resolved.

Except that both live and recorded TV has a very jerky picture.

Had anyone had this problem? Any suggestions for fixes? (We've already tried to reinstall an older driver but the problem is still there)

c

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There was/is lots of issues with playback of MPEG video on vista. Your best bet is to make sure all your drivers are up to date, you have all the windows updates (inc. Vista SP1), and most importantly get some good codecs. My preference is the k-lite codec pack, this includes ffdshow which has always sorted it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

Bingo! Thanks Steve. It was indeed the updating of the drivers that was required. Now I'm enjoying lovely, smooth tv. (A lot less tiring)

Advertisement