Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Recipe Book..

• 19-12-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having a Christmas disaster! I cannot find my recipe book - containing what I promised to make for dessert Christmas day - Baileys and white chocolate cheesecake.

Now I made it once before and remember most of the ingredients and I'll have a go at it as best I can but if anyone has a good recipe or quantity/method suggestions it would be much appreciated!

*It's not a baked cheesecake btw.
    ingredients
    -cream cheese, digestives and baileys obv!
    -gelatin
    -egg whites (beaten)
    -cream (whipped I think!)
    -White choc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Baileys & White Chocolate Cheesecake from the BBC website
    -Makes one 7" cake

Ingredients:

100g unsalted butter, melted
    250g digestive biscuits

600g cream cheese
    1 shot Bailey's (or to your taste ;) )
    100g icing sugar
    300ml double cream, whipped
    100g white chocolate, melted

Method:

1. Make base by blending butter and biscuits to a fine crumb. Line the tin with this. Chill for 30 minutes
    2. Beat cream cheese until softened. Mix in Baileys and sugar
    3. Fold in whipped cream and melted chocolate
    4. When homogenous, spoon evenly into set base
    5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Decorate with whipped cream and cocoa powder, or toasted coconut flakes

When I made this I found the base set fine after 30mins, and that adding the chocolate just grated detracted from the smooth texture, so melted was a better way to go. There's no gelatin in the recipe but you don't need it, as it sets just fine, and cut without any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Thank you Magic Monkey that's great! Better again - that recipe is actually simpler than the one I used originally (requiring several different mixtures in different bowls!) And the tip to melt the chocolate sounds preferable. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

sounds good, and great for me with no gelatine as im vegetarian but whats homogenous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

sounds good, and great for me with no gelatine as im vegetarian but whats homogenous?

I presume it just means when it's all well mixed together, into a nice even consistency. :)

Advertisement