Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Digiweb Metro] Happy customer again

Options
  • 19-12-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

I've never been one to shy away from giving out about shoddy service, infact, I'm pretty sure you can find more than a few such posts and/or threads scattered throughout this very forum.

Because of this, I've noticed how little we hear of customers who have had their various gripes resolved, or who are no longer bearing the brunt of super megacorp's inadequate service or product.

So, now I'm here to post, at 19:30 on a Friday evening, happily.

I'm currently hitting a very respectable 90% of my rated top download speed, and an incredible 95% of my rated top upload speed. How can I possibly complain about that?!

I've been moved off of the heavily saturated 3 Rock mast, and onto the (I believe) Guinness mast, and I couldn't possibly be happier with my connection now. Obviously, it's earlier days yet, considering that the change was only made today before lunch time. That said, however, I'm hitting (consistent) speeds that were previously lucky to feature in my wildest dreams.

Hooray for happy customers!
    Here's hoping it stays like this ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, it's a fact that thousands of happy people won't be motivated to look for a forum to post at length about how brilliant their product / service is. Unless they are affected by the "Steve Jobs" Jedi/Reality Distorion field.

if you look at Three Rock, it's a porcupine of masts. There are often inference issues for all kinds of services there. Not just capacity issues. Some of the newer RTE Digital services from that mast badly affect Ballinteer/Dundrum/Rathfarnham Analogue UPC cable (e.g. BBC2) due cable faults. Before the new services started no-one knew there was a problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Of course, but its still nice to give both sides of the story instead of saying "it's crap" every 4 or 5 days :)

i just ran a speed test on my digiweb connection in dundalk. i got 4.61 and this is the norm unfortunately, but the feckers still charge me for 8meg.
    two reasons i am currently miffed with digiweb:

i was paying 36 yoyos a month for 6 meg broadband which i dont think EVER got above 5meg. last week completely out of the blue they send me a letter to say they are pleased to announce that they have upgraded me to 8meg which will cost me an extra 4 quid a month. so for an extra 48 quid a year i am getting the EXACT speed i was getting before - CHEERS LADS!!!

about a month back the credit card with which i pay digiweb by direct debit expired. instead of simply contacting me to arrange another card like any normal company, the feckers just cut me off on the day it expired. cue phonecall, cue screaming match.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Yeah i have some issues with the manner of the service digiweb claim they are providing me with.they also give generalized stock answers to whatever question thats asked.and I'm only really allowed 80%(rolling stock) of what i`m paying for.I.ve no problem with the speed they provide i just wish it was consistent,gets very erratic in the late evenings.

Advertisement