Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Nash & Craig Gallon-Ran Underground

• 19-12-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

okay so been working on this the past two days.
    bit of a story behind it.
    2 years ago i got a track from a guy craig gallon.deadly track but he used a missy elliot speech so he couldnt get it released.i asked him for the file to remix it but he lost the whole project when he switched computers.
    so i played it out last time and figured id have a go at recreating it and doing a new version.
    so basically its all produced by me but i feel craig should get some credit for it too.

http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-craig-gallon-ran-undergound-sean-nashs-big-tweak-mix-demo

bit different to my last one but variety is the spice of life and all that.

feedback appreciat

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Not usually into the electro sound so that started me on the wrong foot :pac: In saying that, I do like the track, only comment would be I expected more of a kick after the build at about 2:17 - the build you did was excellent but I felt let down by the kick if you get my drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Not usually into the electro sound so that started me on the wrong foot :pac: In saying that, I do like the track, only comment would be I expected more of a kick after the build at about 2:17 - the build you did was excellent but I felt let down by the kick if you get my drift.
    thanks for listening man,i realise electrohouse is sort of frowned upon round here but it was a track i wanted to cover for a long time.
    the build to 210 is a bit of a let down alright but its just to introduce the bassline(couldnt think of any other way)
    ill see about rejigging it if i get time,got other tracks to start that arent as cheesy:D

I'm completely open minded when it comes to music, just not that into the electro buzz of the last few years.

I think it needs to explode more... the percussive build you used was spot on, maybe re-introduce that when it kicks back in with the addition of the bass? Or go all out with the percussion and give it a tribal edge.

Still haven't got round to feckin about with that software, been flat out with work but defo going to give it a bash over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I'm completely open minded when it comes to music, just not that into the electro buzz of the last few years.

I think it needs to explode more... the percussive build you used was spot on, maybe re-introduce that when it kicks back in with the addition of the bass? Or go all out with the percussion and give it a tribal edge.

Still haven't got round to feckin about with that software, been flat out with work but defo going to give it a bash over Christmas.
    yeah ill have a tinker with it,im waiting for people to get back to me with dancefloor feedback,sometimes it just dropping to just the bass and kick sound decent in a club.but its stil got to get a final tweak so it could get changed up alright.
    on the software front just get stuck in man as soon as.but yeah christmas isnt the best time to be trying to get your head round logic :D

seannash wrote: »
    yeah ill have a tinker with it,im waiting for people to get back to me with dancefloor feedback,sometimes it just dropping to just the bass and kick sound decent in a club.but its stil got to get a final tweak so it could get changed up alright.
    on the software front just get stuck in man as soon as.but yeah christmas isnt the best time to be trying to get your head round logic :D

Yeah true, PC speakers can't do justice a lot of the time.

I have a good week and a half off so will defo get stuck in, looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement