Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox error msg

• 19-12-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

i bought an xbox elite this week and have been playing COD. when i went to play it today and resume the game i was playing it came up with an error msg when trying to load it: error unable to read from memory device.
    I restarted it and reset the hard-drive + cables but the same message came up again when i tried to reload the last game i was playing. Anybody seen this before or have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Damo 236

Never heard of this before :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Try the game without the HD. Then try it again with it. Also, make sure that you are not obstructing the air vents.

This was taken from: http://www.xbox360repair.ca/diskreaderrors.html

Non-Disc Related Errors

As mentioned, there can be some Disc Read errors that have nothing to do with the disc at all. In this case, it's time to troubleshoot the Xbox.

First, simply try to reboot the machine. Often, this will flush the cache or other error and allow the game to operate or the disc to play.
    Second, try removing the hard drive and/or memory units. Once removed, reboot the console and attempt to load the disc with the hard drive and memory out of the unit. If this works, you can simply shutdown and reinstall the hard drive.
    Attempt to play the disc in another type of player. For instance, attempt to play the DVD in another DVD player or the CD in a CD player. If the disc plays in these players, you may need to clean the Xbox DVD player.
    Check to make sure that all air vents are open and are able to provide sufficient airflow. Overheating can cause Disc Read errors, as well. In addition, ensure that the power supply is unobstructed and uncovered. Much like the Xbox 360, the power supply can become quite hot and can cause errors if unventilated.
    Check for disc tray errors. Depress the eject button and watch the tray extend. If the tray partially extends and then retracts immediately, you may have a problem with the DVD drive. If your Xbox is under warranty, this can be replaced at no charge. However, if you are out of warranty, you can install a new DVD drive on your own.
    As a note, make sure that the new DVD drive comes with the same firmware as your original console, or you may experience additional error codes after the installation of the new DVD drive.

Advertisement