Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cedar Lodge Hotel.

Options
  • 19-12-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with the Cedar Lodge hotel in Carrickbyrne? I pass by there every day and have never seen anybody go in or out of the place. Looks like a decent enough place and the location is nice.

How is it staying in business if it never does any trade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I have been in there a few times over the years. I often wondered the same. He seems to run the place all on his own for a start, so his cost base is low.
    My friends tell me that the food there is ALWAYS good. A hard thing to do over years and years, so it is a reliable restaurant.
    He must get some passing trade also of course, it is a busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

Used to work there years ago, and wonder how it can still be in business. Management werent that nice to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

biddy21 wrote: »
    Used to work there years ago, and wonder how it can still be in business. Management werent that nice to say the least

Eaten there a few times. Found the owner a bit stuffy alright and very little atmosphere in the place - food was good though.

Advertisement