Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break 08 to 09

• 19-12-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭

What are the general holidays this season ? For years I followed the LA's holidays, but I got wise about 10 years ago and I take holidays now to match the kids school break. Anyone off from now until the 5th Jan (by which stage I'll be fit to kill the kids anyway):D and for sanity sake I will embrace coming back to work.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Were stopping 1/2 day before Christmas Eve - back on the 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I finished today (supposed to be yesterday) and will be back on January 6th. Three day weeks suck. The boss asked me yesterday if I would come in on Monday. The answer was a firm no, I didn't ask for the three day week to begin with and won't be changing at their whims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

smashey wrote: »
    ...and won't be changing at their whims.

I hear that, but it's not easy from any side now, and the banks aint helping tide us over, no matter what the media is saying.

I hear that, but it's not easy from any side now, and the banks aint helping tide us over, no matter what the media is saying.
    True.

I had all the work cleared up yesterday and realised at 4.30 I was missing a map. I told them to get one and even gave them the coordinates. Didn't get the feckin thing until 1.30 pm this afternoon by which time I was raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Sh1t, over half a day wasted on a map, I'd be going ape myself.

• Advertisement

Sh1t, over half a day wasted on a map, I'd be going ape myself.
    I'll pm the full story tomorrow. ;)

I'm off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I hope to finish up Monday afternoon, till Jan 5th.
    But I'm self employed so I'm abit like an old soldier - never dying just fading away. Someone is bound to call or ring etc. Or the unexpected interview in the Pub!

Happy Christmas to you all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RKQ wrote: »
    I hope to finish up Monday afternoon, till Jan 5th.
    But I'm self employed so I'm abit like an old soldier - never dying just fading away. Someone is bound to call or ring etc. Or the unexpected interview in the Pub!

Happy Christmas to you all :D
    Ditto.

Hope to clear the decks by Monday evening/night but will be making the now customary pilgrimage to the planning dept. first thing Tuesday morning and that is when I breathe a sigh of relief. Will probably hit the pub sometime later in the day.

And a happy Xmas to you RKQ and to everyone here. Enjoy yourselves lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Finished Friday, 10.30 in the morning, a house inspection followed by a site meeting. Then Dublin for Kings of Leon:D. I noticed some fantastic buildings going up along the quays. They are doing a fine job there and I just hope they finish them.
    Might have an application to drop in to the LA on monday if the client can raise the 25K planning fee. If not it'll trip me up on the way back into the office on the 5th Jan:D next year.

Merry Christmas Y'all and I sincerely hope we have a happy new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

As we are getting all festive

Happy christmass to ya all. and a prosperous new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

One planning app to get out to Swords today, after that my workload for the year is finito, still have to turn up tomorrow until lunchtime though:( Still a few pints of the black stuff afterwards will soon pick up the christmas spirits (no pun intended) Back on the 5th so its decent break this year, looking forward to it immensely after whats been an extremely stressful year!

& in the general spirit of the thread, may you all have a very merry christmas & heres to a brighter (& busier) new year for us all! Have a good one!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Was meant to finish on Friday, but that didn't happen, not that I am complaining too much, as most of the morning was spend with a client who has appointed us to do a significant project in the new year.

will be spending today completing drawing and a spec for a fire claim assessment and once that's finished I'm out off until the 5th... I hope!

Happy Christmas to all fellow Arch Techs.(and others) Hopefully we'll see things improve for us all in 2009.

Advertisement