Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Praise for Medtronic Customer service

Options
  • 19-12-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there everybody. Thought i'd post up a good experience with customer service with insulin pumps.
    But just a back story. Up until recently medtronic had no direct support in Ireland, instead they outsourced it all to Accuscience. I had to deal with Accuscience trying to sort out issues with a pump over the summer and it was a complete nightmare, many promises of solutions to the problems i was having but nothing was ever done. Eventually after much battling back and forth i managed to find a solution, but that was after about a month and a half. Not exactly the customer service you'd expect for a device that ultimately keeps me alive.
    Now, medtronic realised the shortcomings of Accuscience and they lost to contract, and now there is a small medtronic team here in Ireland. Last night my pump went on the blink again, so this afternoon i got a hold of their number through my consultant. And within 10 minutes of calling and explaining the situation, they got back to me and said that a brand new pump is now in the post with priority shipping directly to me!
    All i can say is fair play, it's about time, but they finally have a system that works.

Advertisement