Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap and cheerful trips to Eastlands

• 19-12-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking of posting this for a while but didn't as I don't want to be accused of boasting but with City prices likely to soar soon I figured I would put this in. I took myself and the young lad (he's 12) to the recent PSG UEFA cup match at the CoMS but with a bit of scouting did it for the following:

2 days parking at Quickpark, Dublin Airport: €13.00
    Return Ryanair flights for 2 (4c +taxes): €20.04
    2 match tickets: €28.00
    Dinner for 2 at Pizza Hut: €10.00
    Accomodation for 2 at Travelodge, Ancoats: €39.00

TOTAL (for 2): €110.04

The match tickets were reduced rate UEFA games but the young lad's was £10 as he is a member of the (free) Live4city club.
    The hotel is a ten minute walk from Picadilly train station and a 15 minute walk from the stadium. It's also in between both so it's a great location. The room was basic but clean and if you buy an adult's breakfast (10% online discount) you get a kids breakfast free!
    Dinner at Pizza Hut courtesy of "hotukdeals.com"

I know it's a bit of a tightwad deal but it means we can go again in the new year. As I said I'm not boasting but we live in trying times and the travel companies know how to charge if you let them do the work. Also when you buy tickets direct from the club you get loyalty points that make getting tickets for the big matches in the future easier to come by.

Anyway hope this helps and if I can give a dig out to anyone don't hesitate to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well done thats some good travelling for buttons , dont let the Shamrock Rovers fans put you off using Ryanair.

I heading brum vs burnley on feb 7th for the grand total of €60 including one night stay and match tickets.

God bless Michael o leary and his merry little airline.

Oh and cracking euro/pound rate too.

too all the little recessioners out there a merry xmas too all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Does that apply to the first weekend in Jan? Wouldn't mind going to the FA cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

brayblue24 wrote: »
    I don't want to be accused of boasting
    Boasting about paying fifty-five quid to see your team playing?

tbh, I wouldn't be boasting either.
    brayblue24 wrote: »
    TOTAL (for 2): €110.04

Costs me fifteen euro to see my team play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Might have to get myself one of those trips if we cave in and change the Copenhagen game :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

My trip was in early December and yeah the sterling rate is terrific and coupled with the VAT reductions there are serious bargains to be had too. And yeah God bless Mr. O'Leary cause without him we would still be doing Stena and CIE overnight jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

its cheap enough if you book everything early, i was planning on going to the liverpool game in oct. flights were about €20 return on the fri, went to book it on monday they were €80. went to stoke game instead, glad i did too. thinking of going to the cup match against forest, cant remember the last time we had a cup game at home. can you not change your flights xavi, you only booked them yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Des wrote: »

€20 for a proper team. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That was a bit high and mighty tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really 15 quid ? is that dec rates or early bird rates for going in jan or feb?

Cost me 8 euro to see my team play in ireland but they dont play over the winter, its a summer season in ireland btw. So during the winter i go abroad for peanuts and as the OP pointed out it really can be peanuts.

but hey lets have a EL vs the world argument, whats another thread ruined eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Id google image and post the broken record photo but I cant be arsed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

shane86 wrote: »
    Id google image and post the broken record photo but I cant be arsed tbh.

Aye and one could could call you a twat but I couldn't be arsed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Aye and one could could call you a twat but I couldn't be arsed tbh.

I will be arsed in not requesting he be banned, which he probably will be. Im a speak your mind type myself so I couldnt give a toss.

Anyway, anyone wanna buy my Sunderland season ticket? I dont want it anymore etc etc etc........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Banned for what? I did not call you anything my dear chap. There is no point in dealing in what could have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Banned for what? I did not call you anything my dear chap. There is no point in dealing in what could have been.

ill be surprised if youre not. common sense doesnt work around here

ive been banned for less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

costs me almost as much to go see drogheda as it costs me to go see villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

shane86 wrote: »

Anyway, anyone wanna buy my Sunderland season ticket? I dont want it anymore etc etc etc........

Do pubs do season tickets now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I saw my local team for free last weekend

Do I win? Am I top of the cool list on boards.ie soccer forum now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Helix wrote: »
    costs me almost as much to go see drogheda as it costs me to go see villa

That's what I mean. Costs nearly as much to bring the kids to see Bray play. Although occasionally Bray do win I suppose...

Advertisement