Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Price checking

Options
  • 19-12-2008 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Ok im getting a laptop over the next few weeks and ive been wondering, ive done my Specs checking and im happy with one laptop in particular :

HP Pavilion dv7-1020ea Entertainment Notebook PC (FM271EA)

and i was wondering whether to get it now or will it go down a fair bit in price in PC world, and i know the views on PC World but i know what i want so im not an idiot walking in saying "gimme a good laptop!" :D

so id like to know is it worth getting before xmas to save time, or will it drop much at the after xmas sales,

any and all help appreciated, thanks =)

Edit: Just to note, this will apply to Dixons and Currys since their the same company, this might also help people shopping around for prices know that these 3 will usually be roughly the same =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Pewpewfiah wrote: »
    Ok im getting a laptop over the next few weeks and ive been wondering, ive done my Specs checking and im happy with one laptop in particular :

HP Pavilion dv7-1020ea Entertainment Notebook PC (FM271EA)

and i was wondering whether to get it now or will it go down a fair bit in price in PC world, and i know the views on PC World but i know what i want so im not an idiot walking in saying "gimme a good laptop!" :D

so id like to know is it worth getting before xmas to save time, or will it drop much at the after xmas sales,

any and all help appreciated, thanks =)

Edit: Just to note, this will apply to Dixons and Currys since their the same company, this might also help people shopping around for prices know that these 3 will usually be roughly the same =)

Checkout the pricewatch on this site, http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

Good for a comparison :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paper Boy

Hi there,

My advice would be to go up the north and pick one up in Harvey Norman or Lazer electrical or any of those places. I got a high spec laptop with blueray for €550 (£500). Not sure what it would cost down here exactly, but I have checked around that price range down here, and you get far lower spec ones. Get the train up, you'd be back on the same day.

Some people think it's unpatriotic to shop up there, but to hell with that, there's a crdit crunch on the loose!!

Hope this helps.

PB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Also, to add to what the above poster wrote, due to the current low exchange rate, some shops up North will take € instead of £.

Advertisement