Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

• 20-12-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a quick question. My father recently passed away suddenly. Unfortunately, he never went to Haj, due to health issues. Is there anyway me or another family member could do Haj on his behalf or something along those lines?

Thanks You,

Waseem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Please accept my condolences in respect of your father's sudden death.

An answer to a similar question given by Shaykh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, the head of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, appears on the Islamonline.net website, if you follow this link.

Basically, the answer states that "the righteous son is an extension of the life of his father and an extension of his existence. Understanding this it is then permissible for the children to perform Hajj in lieu of their father."

I hope that the Shaykh's response is helpful for you. I have to warn you that I am not a scholar in these matters, so the standard advice to consult someone who is knowledgeable applies here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thank you, hivizman for the quick reply.

I will consult with the local Imam as well, to make sure.

Once again, thanks for the quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

wes wrote: »
    I have a quick question. My father recently passed away suddenly.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'd just like to reiterate on my behalf the condolences sent by the other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks for the kind words everyone, there much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement