Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Galway First

Options
  • 20-12-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I heard that the Galway First (snoozepaper) for 22nd December wil be the last issue ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was Galway Advertiser Light IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I can't believe I have to start paying for toilet paper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It will be sadly missed for the je ne sais quoi it brought to Galway if you are into je ne sais quoi type vibes .

It helped kill the Voice off , that was what it was supposed to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Galway Fiirst IS a great paper especally for sport. Probably gone because of lack of competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

sgthighway wrote: »
    Galway Fiirst IS a great paper especally for sport. Probably gone because of lack of competition

Yes, holding a monopoly is a killer in any industry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tribesman29

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It helped kill the Voice off , that was what it was supposed to do !

Considering it was in place well before the Voice arrived I'd imagine it saw it off instead of killed it off.
    Was very good for sport but not much else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I think we need a special commemorative edition with all the stuff they've lifted off Boards.

Will this mean the retiring of the sockpuppet accounts from that building who like to inform us of media related closures?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Robbo wrote: »
    I think we need a special commemorative edition with all the stuff they've lifted off Boards.

So that will be every edition then.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Robbo wrote: »
    Will this mean the retiring of the sockpuppet accounts from that building who like to inform us of media related closures?
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of them since they had the spotlight put on them for trying to bury a thread (see sig). That reminds me, I must bump that up again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I haven't seen hide nor hair of them since they had the spotlight put on them for trying to bury a thread

James Stephens has not been seen since then so expect a n000b called 'Mary Kelly' to do the next round of oblivionating instead :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

I don't think it was the best paper, but save a thought for the people involved who have found out the week before Christmas they don't have a job to come back to in January.

Advertisement