Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top of the range printers my *ss

Options
  • 20-12-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi bought 2 mitsubishi dye sublimation printers for a business as i read there one of the best, produce fast prints and also price per print was excellent. Ive had alot of trouble with them and ive only done no more than 200 prints on the 6x4 machine and maybe 50 on the 10 x 8 machine.

Anyway regardless of the problems im having with lines that ill send back to be fixed it dosent print blacks true black and whites true white. I have an epson 1400 and when i compared the same picture it wasnt even funny, the 1400 printed black where it was black but the mitsubishi printed a faded black almost as if it was left exposed to light for a month or something, the clarity in the picture was excellent on both and on a normal picture its not overly noticeable but when you compare them theres a huge difference. I also have to dump the 1st photo alot as it seems to pick up little specs alot on both the mitsubishi's but yet the epson rarely if ever has any of these specs

Question, am i entitled to my moneyback or replacement of another model? Ive already paid for insurance but the 2 machines both have this faded black instead of vibrant black so theres no point in getting them fixed or is it just a wrong profile. Ive tried the profiles that came with them but i paid big money for these. The printers are http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/acatalog/Mitsubishi_CP9550DW.html & http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/acatalog/Mitsubishi_CP3020DE.html

But as it is i cant use them so do i have any rights before i contact the seller about this or am i stuck with them. I dont neccassarily need these printers as i dont need fast ones, quality is more important and the epsom 1400 do excellent quality with the right photo paper however theyre slower but i can live with that, they cost about €2k for both of them and 1 epson 1400 can do their job miles better (well not speed but quailty) for under €300 http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4FJW&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=epson+1400&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

I feel like ive been done:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

have you ruled out whether or not the ink cartridges were faulty before blaming the hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Well since both of those printers print very similar colours for black and theyre 2 different type of printers then i think this is very doubtful. My real question is assuming this is the best quality and i entitled to a refund or replacement with a different make like Kodac etc to same value?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you like I can move this to consumer issues where you'll probably get a better answer with regards to your query about if you're entitled to a refund or not. If so just let me know.

Yes that would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Try differnet paper, differnet paper can make a dramatic difference

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and Tech.

This is special paper thats made specifically for these printers, for the 6x4 its on a roll that does 600 prints and for the 10x8 and 12x8 if you use any other type of paper it just comes out blurry although thanks for the suggestions as ive seen with my epson that paying the extra for quality does make a huge difference

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dvdfan wrote: »
    Hi bought 2 mitsubishi dye sublimation printers for a business
    Can stop right there, in short your only rights are what was agreed in the contract between your company and the company you bought them from; there are no other rights (court case if they lied etc. but no legal rights ala consumer rights iirc).

Advertisement