Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Green dash display- needs a change!!

Options
  • 20-12-2008 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Hi guys...

One more question for ye..... the mk1 octi has a green dash display/lecy window control etc....

How easy/hard is it to change that to something more resembling a VW, say blue or that? Is it bulbs or a color card of some description??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

easy as my friend!
    just whip out the console & change the larger of the bulbs, usually 5W wedges to whatever colour you want. Or find out in advance what the bulbs are & order LED versions, ebay!, and slot them in

job done

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not quite. the replacement LEDs will cause spotting as they don't emit the light in the same way a bulb does, you'll end up with only a small portion of the clocks illuminated.

I'd suggest you get some bulb paint (Halfords around 15 quid), scratch the existing tint on your dash bubs (unless they're clear bulbs with green lenses) and paint on the new colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

get replacement Dials , or find the right bulbs and slot them out , there wont be any problem , the replacement tachs are about 30 or 40 euro on ebay , the ones i was looking at anyways :)

I had Visual Performance plasma glow dials on my last car, looked very VW-like.

49ec_1.JPG
    Dunno if they've available for the Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I had Visual Performance plasma glow dials on my last car, looked very VW-like.

49ec_1.JPG
    Dunno if they've available for the Skoda.

They look exactly like what i want, whered ya get them??

• Advertisement

visualperformance.co.uk I think. they're on ebay too.

Advertisement