Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800gx2

Options
  • 20-12-2008 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

had a quick look at komplett and overclockers and neither had this, whats the story with this part, is it still available anywhere ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

nope piece was discontinued , its EOL since before or just after 4800 series was launched by ATI , you can still pick some up at adverts and Ebay i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yeah you can get them but they are hard to find.
    If its just for games then their is better video cards out their all ready.

Also the GTX295 is coming out with which houses 2 chips + the ATI 4870x2 is all ready out in your shops.

Would need more details on what your looking for and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ah just looking for an update, have 2 8800gt in sli at the mo but was thinking it's time for something new, was looking at the 9800gtx x 2 because most of the benchmarks have it beating or in the races with the gtx280 at a much lower price - don't want to spend a huge amount, I'd go for 2 4850's but my board doesn't do crossfire

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Ive an evga GTX280 im thinking about selling? far better than the 9800x2

how much would you be looking for

• Advertisement

dunno, ive it registered for the step up program.....what would u be willing to spend still have the box and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Gtx 260 sli performance is very nice and they can be had cheap enough

Evga one here is only €220 and includes the step up program, new cards are coming in the next few months so your getting a deal imo.I have a gtx 260 and hd4850, the 260 is a class card, overclocks brillantly and better than my 8800gtx sli combo I replace it with for a proftit :pac:

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=54RW&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=gtx+260&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Two of them have scary performance in the games that need it.

20010349840l.png

I dont know why the Gtx 260 has such a bad name, its the best card I have ever had, I bought it for €250 a few months ago and its performance is incredible for the price.With a bit of overclocking I got Gtx 280 performance.

jetski wrote: »
    dunno, ive it registered for the step up program.....what would u be willing to spend still have the box and all that

probably wouldn't be looking to spend enough to buy a 280, you should stick it up on adverts.ie should have no problem shifting it for a reasonable price

yup adverts is the place to go , no selling on boards plz

No worries, im in no rush to get rid of it i only got it.... gonna get me the 295GTX :)
    papu wrote: »
    no selling on boards plz
    wft?

• Advertisement

No worries, im in no rush to get rid of it i only got it.... gonna get me the 295GTX :)

wft?

it's in the charter , thats what adverts.ie is there for :P

yea but i dont see what that has to do with u....

yea but i dont see what that has to do with u....

just a heads up mate , if you like infractions and bans fire ahead..

ah right no bother....

Advertisement