Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK online retailers with a decent exchange rate

• 20-12-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

With Sterling and the Euro almost on par I was wondering if anyone had any good UK based online retailers who are accept payment in Euro and offer reasonable exchange rate. I buy a lot of stuff from the usual places, Play, CDWow etc and I’ve never had any problems but the exchange rate offered is pretty bad; £5.00 = €7.50 for example. Mostly it’s books, video games, electronics and bicycle stuff I’m interest in.

Cheers,

CB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Ciaran B wrote: »
    Hi,

With Sterling and the Euro almost on par I was wondering if anyone had any good UK based online retailers who are accept payment in Euro and offer reasonable exchange rate. I buy a lot of stuff from the usual places, Play, CDWow etc and I’ve never had any problems but the exchange rate offered is pretty bad; £5.00 = €7.50 for example. Mostly it’s books, video games, electronics and bicycle stuff I’m interest in.

Cheers,

CB

ebay is the best at the moment because they dont determine the exchange rate, the bank do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you let your bank/credit card do the conversion rather than the sites, it'll generally work out better. I know Play won't allow non-UK residents to order in sterling, but the likes of ASDA (free shipping), Blah! (shipping charge), and SendIt (free shipping) will. Not sure about CDWOW (I stopped using them because of horrible shipping times and poor prices), but you should be able to order in sterling from their UK site instead of their Irish portal.

Advertisement