Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fentiman's Curiosity Cola?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

As first posts go, this one sucks. But I'm new in Dublin and can't find my favourite drink in the city centre.

The site says there's a stockist in Terenure, but that's a bit too much of a trek for that sweet Fentiman's nectar.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Where in Terenure?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

have you checked out the health food stores in town, you can sometimes find it in there? One on Grafton Street and one on South Georges St??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's a shop in Smithfield called Fresh which sells this drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rofl Lundgren

Des wrote: »
    There's a shop in Smithfield called Fresh which sells this drink.

I called in there today, no luck unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Donnybroke Fair on upper baggot st usually stock this.

Lovely stuff.. Bit pricey though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Sorry to bump this, just drinking some of this for the first time ( is lovely )

Can find it in Blackrock Shopping Centre, they have loads of it and a lot of different flavours.

The cola flavour is great, are the others any better ? Also any place in town that stocks this, more likely to be there than Blackrock myself.

Where in Terenure?

Sorry to bump this thread so lng after posting it, but I called into the Gourmet Shop in Rathgar (Next to/in-between the Bijou). The had a few of the Fentiman's drinks. €2 per bottle, which is worth it as a treat. Success, cheers boards!

I bit the bullet and bought the other flavours last week.

Have to say, they were pretty bad

The Ginger Beer one was like drinking vinegar. Cant imagine one person liking it

The Victorian Lemonade one wasn't bad. Didn't exactly wow me either.

The Seville Orange Jigger one was pretty bad. Could taste the ginger in it and it did not work well. Thought it would be a really nice orange drink, but yet again the ginger ruined it

Still have to try the following

Tonic Water
    Shandy
    Dandelion & Burdock

My advice though, don't try the other flavours, not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I say forget the drinks that one have one nice flavore, and get into some Jones. OH YES!!!

http://www.jonessoda.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

oh I noticed this stuff in Superquinn in Ranelagh but wasn't brave enough to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

As first posts go, this one sucks. But I'm new in Dublin and can't find my favourite drink in the city centre.

The site says there's a stockist in Terenure, but that's a bit too much of a trek for that sweet Fentiman's nectar.

Any suggestions?

try the Dublin city centre forum

EDIT, op if you havent found it yet you must be gasping !

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

CianRyan wrote: »
    I say forget the drinks that one have one nice flavore, and get into some Jones. OH YES!!!

http://www.jonessoda.com/

Yes, if you want to eat four tablespoons of sugar each time you drink Jones' soda.

Peter

What's wrong with sugar?
    As long as you don't drink it every day, you're fine.

Edit: Sugar cane is better for you than korn syrup soda, so that's a plus too. :)

I'm the same as RD, I want to try the Jones drink but ain't brave enough

Usually cause I've spent a tenner on Fentimans, and don't really spend another $7

Which flavour is best out of them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Which flavour is best out of them ?

Cream Soda.

Definitely.

Des wrote: »
    Cream Soda.

Definitely.

I've tried most of them (I'm a sucker for overpriced soft drinks in fancy packaging) but not that one. Yet.

Green Apple is my favourite so far.

Honestly i haven't tasted a bad jones yet, bubble gum, fufu berry, cream soda, orange and cream and green apple or my tops i'd say.

Forgive me if i got the names wrong, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I used to get Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock in PastTimes on Wicklow St. Not sure if they sell them anymore though.

Had my first Jones today, was Cream Soda flavour. Pretty good but would prefer Fentimans cola.

Is there anywhere you can get single bottles of Jones, rather than four packs ?

I want to try all the flavours and would rather not have to get four packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Just in case people are still looking you can get curiosity cola in Fallon and Bunr on exchequer street (off georges street).

And there is a SPAR off Camden street (beside the DIT at Kevin street) that sells individual bottles of Jones.

• Advertisement

I've actually only ever seen them for sale in singles. The Spar (I think it's a Spar.. one of those shops anyway) across the road from Tara St. Station (and beside the White Horse Inn) has them.

Tried the cream soda the other day. A bit too sweet. Green Apple still my favourite :)

Fentimans seems harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

all superquinn stores stock them.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Was on work experience last year in Celbridge and tried Fentimens cola then. Adored the stuff. In a bout of madness I tried the other flavours there and then with another employee. The coke was by far the best with lemonade second and the others pretty average.

You all just reminded me the stuff exists and ill be getting damn soon!

Aard wrote: »
    I used to get Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock in PastTimes on Wicklow St. Not sure if they sell them anymore though.

I got this in the "Gourmet Shop" in Rathgar. It was really nice, to be honest. Not too mad on the other flavours, but I'm still a fiend for the Cola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

you can get it in Listons on Camden St also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Tesco finglas just got it in. Loads of flavours. €1.12 per bottle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Late Shopper Harold's cross road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 silurian1980

Love their stuff especially the ginger beer, I find it difficult to find a ginger beer with as much punch as this. I get mine from a grocers on the upper Rathmines Rd but there are a few places that sell it in Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Tesco Nutgrove and Dundrum stock the Cola, Ginger Beer, Dandelion & Burdock and Lemonade. They're only €1.15 a bottle - much lower than in a health food store where I usually get them. OK, so they're not chilled, but that doesn't bother me too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Tesco Merrion too.

Advertisement