Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems connecting to internet after xp reinstall. . .

• 20-12-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have just reinstalled xp on my laptop. Problem is now i don't have a clue how to set up my wireless internet connection. Anyone know how to do this?? Also the resolution is huge. I have went to control panel and it only gives me 2 options, big and very big. I can't get it back to the size it had been. Any help please. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Sounds like you still need to install all the device drivers.

right click on my computer and click properties. Now select the hardware tab and on it select device manager.

This will bring up a list of devices/components some of which will probably have a marker on them which indicates that they ain't working properly. You will need to get the drivers for each (wireless card drivers to make wireless work and video card drivers to allow you to change the resolution).

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fluffington

Thanks for that. I will check that now. How do i install the drivers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You'll need to get them. You might have been given a CD with them. If not, try visiting the manufacturer's site and look under support. Input your model. Look for chipset drivers, audio drivers and so on. Install these and notice the yellow exclamation marks disappearing from Device Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

what make and model is your computer?

Advertisement