Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shower

• 20-12-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Our electric shower is almost fubar - the motor is on the way out - so we need to get a new one. Anyone recommend where or model? I've had a look on Atlantic/Woodies and Argos and the prices are similar. A local shop has a Triton T900Pi for €260 which is about the max I can afford atm.

The second question is how hard are these to fit? I've no problem with wiring something up but I've never installed a shower before. It's replacing a very old Mira Elite - would I be better off getting another Mira to replace it for ease of installation or will it make a difference? Argos have a Mira Sprint for €209.

Any tips or advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The elite is pumped IIRC? (It's been years).

I'd say replace it with another Elite (think they're elite II's now), certainly you will need to replace it with another pumped shower for plumbing purposes.

If you go with say, a Triton t90, or whatever the pumped equivalent is now, the differing layout may cause problems.

A mira sport is a mains shower, and unless you want to ,or can access mains water at the source to alter the water supply arrangement, I wouldn't bother going down that road.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

The Elite II has been replaced with the Elite ST.
    I installed one in my mother's house a while back, and it looks almost identical internally to the Elite II, so if that had the same layout as the Elite (water inlet bottom left), then it should be handy enough to use as a direct replacement.

Have you considered replacing the motor?
    Modern Plant (on the Naas Road, Dublin) are the distributors/spares agent for Mira; might be worth getting a price for the part before you decide to replace the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It is pumped (as in it's gravity fed if that's what you mean). Tbh the shower is so old now I may as well replace it - it's about 10 years old now. Thought the Sprint was a pumped one too - just as well I asked :)

Know anywhere today (I'm in Maynooth) that does Mira? Atlanic, Woodies only do Triton. And Argos don't have the Elite.

PS - according to the Mira website wizard the Sport can be used on both Mains and gravity - does that sound right?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Heatmerchants would be your best bet, I think they have a branch in Naas.
    Probably closed at lunch time today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I was just at them in Fonthill - they are closed :( B&Q had a Mira Go Power on the wall but they don't stock it anymore. One other place to try who might have a Mira Go or Elite but if not I'm getting a Triton T900Pi from Barretts. I know a guy who can come out to fit it tomorrow if I can't manage it myself.

Thanks for the help guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement