Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here come the girls

Options
  • 20-12-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Founded in 2008, NAG aims to bring together women & girls in the sport by creating a networked organisation of female teams and individuals. Most of all, it's about having fun!

"We aim to keep our training up both mentally and physically, discuss tactics and advice.
    Comradeship and the honour of representing a team is a nice feeling.
    Knowing that at end of the day, if you do need help or you want someone you can ask for intel from, there will be somewhere you can go.
    We are looking for females who would like to be taught to a high standard in a non patronising environment and who are willing to partake in events in a "who dares wins" mindset.
    We're not out to prove a point or for us being there as novelty items, but to be well respected players.
    The training that is planned will be a certain challenge and having like minded individuals to keep morale, stamina and focus up when it gets hard will prove to be a bonus for all.
    We Play and Train alongside Shadowopz Airsoft, Sturry, Canterbury."

[OzCam adds: The girl behind NAG is of Donegal origin, and they would love to recruit Irish players, set up a branch and/or field a team. They already have plans for the USA.]

Why girls should do airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Love thier motto
    You claim 8" we only need 6mm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Love thier motto

Ah I love the smell of innuendo in the morning:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Blay wrote: »
    Ah I love the smell of innuendo in the morning:pac:

No in your endo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    No in your endo!

Intertron-five!

- oh yeah!

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

We actually have an all girls team of our own here in ireland., Their located in Dundalk.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

vtec wrote: »
    We actually have an all girls team of our own here in ireland., Their located in Dundalk.,

Excellent. I'm sure the NAG would love to hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

how i join :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i love their abbreviated name hehehe, i hope it was a sense of humour move and not a blonde one :pac:

i love their abbreviated name hehehe, i hope it was a sense of humour move and not a blonde one :pac:

If you visit the site, I think you'll see that their sense of humour is quite well developed. I'm sure they need it from time to time.

I had a friend who graduated medical school top of her class, and in record time. Ran 10 to 20k and did 200 sit-ups every day. Total over-achiever, and utterly gorgeous. Don't slag the blondes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

OzCam wrote: »
    If you visit the site, I think you'll see that their sense of humour is quite well developed. I'm sure they need it from time to time.

I had a friend who graduated medical school top of her class, and in record time. Ran 10 to 20k and did 200 sit-ups every day. Total over-achiever, and utterly gorgeous. Don't slag the blondes. :)

And how may I contact this "friend" :D

Or the girl on the homepage for that fact. :D

I should be bringing a few girls up for the Dark Mist II

• Advertisement

National Airsoft Girls (UK) were featured in the last edition of Airsoft International magazine.*

I have a scan of the article which I can email to anyone if they're interested or can't find a copy in their local newsagent.

*vol 4, no 8, p 70.

Saw that myself, a good spread and looking good girls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

National Airsoft Girls (UK) were featured in the last edition of Airsoft International magazine.

I have a scan of the article which I can PM to anyone if they're interested or can't find a copy.

Haha, on that note, I see the old scantly clad girls in advertisements has finally made its way to the Airsoft mags...unfortunatly AI haven't heard of air-brushing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hmm didn't airsplat or some US crowd have an ad in AI with three half naked chicks with AK's months ago?

There have been a few different such ads in the past few issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

cn i join??

will we be playing naked????;)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

dara95 wrote: »
    cn i join??

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

cn i join??

Ugh that'd be mad painful

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

cn i join??

How about we don't stray down this avenue again everyone.

dara infracted for that gem.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

This has in fact been brought to the attention of the editor. Several times.

I am reliably informed that the photographer responsible for one of those ads was hit in the hand at short range recently, purely by accident of course :D What goes around, comes around.

It's quite possible to be both sexy and respectful at the same time. It just requires you to engage your brain.

Anyway, let's try to keep this topic informational. The more people we have playing airsoft, the better in the long run.

• Advertisement

It's quite possible to be both sexy and respectful at the same time. It just requires you to engage your brain.

Sounds good :D

But really would love to play against the team, it would be even better if they kicked ass, just to shrink some ego's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyway, let's try to keep this topic informational. The more people we have playing airsoft, the better in the long run.

Oz trying to get into an untapped resource :P

There interesting reads alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Was going to avoid this topic, I've seen the likes of it before on here and it usually ends up in a bunch of blokes engaging in internet lechery which only serves to put girls off giving the sport a go (ironically it's usually the same people who probably wouldn't even make eye contact with a girl at a skirmish let alone sleaze on to her, ah the internet eh?)

The more girls playing the sport the better in my opinion. In my experience, girls are every bit as talented at airsoft as blokes, more so in many cases. More power to them.

I do have a question for any regular female airsofters though. The attraction of airsoft for a bloke is obvious, I mean what boy didn't run around playing soldiers when he was a kid? What is it about airsoft that attracts female players, and is there anything male airsofters could do to try and attract more girls and try and balance out the sausage fest factor?

well said man., if any girl wants to get involved in the sport, they can follow the same procedure all the lads do, since,ya know, they are equal to us and all.,

i remember the thread that kicked off similar to this one last year and as ya said, it wasn't the way to go.,

Thank you Spetzcong, a very useful post, and a constructive debate at last.
    Spetzcong wrote: »
    Was going to avoid this topic, I've seen the likes of it before on here and it usually ends up in a bunch of blokes engaging in internet lechery which only serves to put girls off giving the sport a go

Not this time. I'll ask the mods to lock the thread if necessary.
    Spetzcong wrote: »
    I do have a question for any regular female airsofters though. The attraction of airsoft for a bloke is obvious, I mean what boy didn't run around playing soldiers when he was a kid? What is it about airsoft that attracts female players, and is there anything male airsofters could do to try and attract more girls and try and balance out the sausage fest factor?

I hope the girls pipe up themselves with comments on this, but in the meantime here's my 2c worth.

Lots of girls, and not just the tomboy types, like to play what we used to call cowboys and indians. So for some of them, it's just a grownup version. Some girls like to get in touch with the other side of their personalities and put the nail polish and lip gloss away for a while. It's fun, it's fitness and it's social.

We know that most women like to do things cooperatively (sometimes even when an individualistic way would get better results). One thing that we men don't usually notice is that women are also very competitive - they're just very, very subtle about it.

Germaine Greer, that argument-causer par excellence, says a lot of stuff that I don't always agree with, but there was one quote of hers I found very useful: "A pedestal is as much a prison as any other small space". IMO, women don't want us to be boorish, and definitely don't want us to be cissies, they do want to be treated as equals.

I think the best thing we can do is to behave like men, not boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I know my girlfriend is edgin to get out, there was war the last time I cancelled on her haha.

I'll be brining her out at some stage and i have the feeling she will like it and make it a regular thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

that picture of that girl looks familiar
    did dex have anything to do with this? :rolleyes:

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    that picture of that girl looks familiar
    did dex have anything to do with this? :rolleyes:

bwhahaa., i showed him this a while back and instantly he noticed,
    NakedDex wrote:
    Look what they photoshopped onto her head!

apparently it should have "cpl Holm" on the helmet instead of born to kill.,

rofl,.:D

So I read the article about them in AI and I have to say, it was completely redundant, even for an AI article.

What difference does it make if boys or girls are playing?
    Why does gender need to be high lighted?

In my opinion, articles like that featured in AI, and the website linked here, only serve to perpetuate the BS that this thread is trying to tackle.

• Advertisement

...it was completely redundant, even for an AI article.

That takes some doing.
    What difference does it make if boys or girls are playing?
    Why does gender need to be high lighted?

It shouldn't make any difference, apart from the fact that most sites need better toilet facilities :)

I think the only valid reason for highlighting it at all is to encourage more people to take up the sport. Whether that's actually effective or not is a whole different question. I guess we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement