Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here come the girls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

So I read the article about them in AI and I have to say, it was completely redundant, even for an AI article.

What difference does it make if boys or girls are playing?
    Why does gender need to be high lighted?

In my opinion, articles like that featured in AI, and the website linked here, only service to perpetuate the BS that this thread is trying to tackle.

to be honest i kinda agree with this chap, just i did not want to dive into something that may lead to a fending someone.

but really no one ever said girls could not do airsoft nore did anyone ever think differnt about having girls play airsoft if a girl wants to play airsoft so be it, nothing stands in the way.
    guys are more likely to play airsoft because it would tend to attract guys more but theres no reason why girls cant play nore be attracted its just not as commen.

promoting girls to take part in airsoft ye ok i agree but theres nothing to be changed, fixed edited, for airsoft its there for everyone to takepart.

also dont shoot me for this its just me saying it in a funny way. but better toileting needs :D wud ye come on u be lucky if u get a site that had a jacks never mind a jacks big enough for a big ass chair, but cleaner toilets with warm towels and pink soap ant needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

I'm afraid there is no mystery with regards to females playing airsoft, we're just out to have fun and get get rid of stress, great for anger management, exercise and a great way to meet real men.;)

Airsoft culture used to be exclusively male, it was this big hunting pack where all the cave men got to beat their chest and got to talk about how many mastodon they had killed. It's really different now being an female airsofter in the 21st century we have our own clubs and rituals, we have our own brand of machisma. Now we play on the same field as the rest of the boy's but by our own rules.

Which, by the way, are even nastier. :D

Tip: The only way to attract more females is for the current airsofters to bring out their female friends/girlfriends and not to hoze them on their first outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

madmaxi wrote: »
    a great way to meet real men.;)

... this is the airsoft forum right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

its a game ,

for everybody everytime there mention of women in airsoft there's uproar,

i dont see players as either men or women ,

but as SKIRMISHERS with a common love for the sport,

all the site's need toliets with the exception of 1 or 2 ,

ps hands up who hasnt met a gossip or a biiatch :eek:
    while at a site and i dnt mean any woman

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

... this is the airsoft forum right?

................ of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Gatling wrote: »
    i dont see players as either men or women ,

but as SKIRMISHERS with a common love for the sport,

Arn't you the one who got shouted down for trying to set up an EXCLUSIVELY Female team last year?

What would a MAN's motive be for wanting an exclusively all girls team if one classed everyone as equal and claimed to be non gender biased?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

RFLOL that reminds me of just how bitchy thing are in this sport ,everyone's got pms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My thread lock senses are tingling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Gatling wrote: »
    ps hands up who hasnt met a gossip or a biiatch :eek:
    while at a site and i dnt mean any woman

since when is gossiping an exclusively female pursuit?

Gossiping is an essential part of human social interaction, it's been likened to the way chimps groom each other. You will not find any social group anywhere in the world where gossiping doesn't take place.

I don't really care who I'm playing with or against at a site, be they girls, small children, old fogies, any race, creed or colour. The most important thing to me is that everyone enjoys themselves and plays with honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Spetzcong wrote: »
    since when is gossiping an exclusively female pursuit?

Gossiping is an essential part of human social interaction, it's been likened to the way chimps groom each other. You will not find any social group anywhere in the world where gossiping doesn't take place.

I don't really care who I'm playing with or against at a site, be they girls, small children, old fogies, any race, creed or colour. The most important thing to me is that everyone enjoys themselves and plays with honour.

And doesn't use a box mag or an AUG.

• Advertisement

Spetzcong wrote: »

:) huurraahh
    gerrowadat wrote: »
    And doesn't use a box mag or an AUG.

eh i use 2 drum mags so what ye tryna say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lacertus wrote: »
    eh i use 2 drum mags so what ye tryna say :D

That I can go get a supermacs, go back to my position, eat it, enjoy an after meal smoke before you run out of ammo and I get a chance to shoot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Thanks Maxi.

I'd really like to hear from Gizmo or Jill, but unless anyone else has something useful to contribute I think this thread has nearly run its course.

Um, by the way, getting more girls into airsoft gives us another lever with the FIS, so there is actually a PR payoff to it, even though we're all aspiring to be non-sexist and postfeminist. Getting women and girls into sport has a lot of angles to it, and different approaches are needed in different circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

OzCam wrote: »
    Um, by the way, getting more girls into airsoft gives us another lever with the FIS, so there is actually a PR payoff to it, even though we're all aspiring to be non-sexist and postfeminist. Getting women and girls into sport has a lot of angles to it, and different approaches are needed in different circumstances.

Cool!

A legit reason to support women in airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

How about a WAGs Day in any one of the centres? My girlfriend wants to attend a while back, but she's relutant, afraid that she may be the only female there on the day unless she's certain that there'll be others. I guess it's safety in numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    How about a WAGs Day in any one of the centres? My girlfriend wants to attend a while back, but she's relutant, afraid that she may be the only female there on the day unless she's certain that there'll be others. I guess it's safety in numbers.

sort of like "ladies night" only during the day and with guns, I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to admit the family day out in HRTA is pretty much what got my girlfriend syked about going. She isn't really interested in the sterotypical girl group of lets have a chat about ****e, but she felt more comfortable going on a really relaxed day where everyone was casual gaming.

Next one of those type of days that pops up I'll bring her. Although she mentioned warehouse to which i foolishly replied " well its a bit intense in there you might find it too sore"

Needless to say I got a swift dig to the ribs " sore like that? "

Definetly a future airsofter...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Seriously, this wouldn't be a bad idea, a few of my female friends but they have expressed the same old excuses, I'll be the only girl there. Could be quite successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

There are loads of female airsofters, most aren't members of boards.ie.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    My girlfriend wants to attend a while back, but she's reluctant, afraid that she may be the only female there on the day unless she's certain that there'll be others.

It's the old chicken-and-egg situation... Some girls are reluctant to take up a sport - any sport, not just airsoft - until they see others doing it, and are reassured that they won't be slagged to bits. In an ideal world (or maybe in Sweden) sites like the NAG and all-girl teams wouldn't be necessary, but in practice unfortunately they are.

A WAGs day might sound a bit patronising, even though it's not meant to be, so I rather think another Open or Family day is the way to go. It's all a matter of getting the girls started, once they try it we all know they'll love it. Come to think of it, a Ladies' Day might not be such a bad idea. I was at one in Melbourne (day after the Melbourne Cup) a couple of years ago and it was mindboggling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

you guys are funny, I remember about two other threads exactly like this before here on boards and they all had the exact same stuff in it
    lets face it. its not a girl sport, and it never will be. been trying to push more females out to play for more than a year and a half now, and at this stage im not expecting it to turn that way. its great to see more girls playing (and sadly I've haven't been due to work and injuries) That and there is apparently a girl team in Dundalk (who I would love to fight beside some time!)
    But honestly I see no problem with the players and their attitude towards women, sure I every so often get a few sexist comments, but thats when having an M4 in your hand equalizes the situation (hence footsoft was invented) :)

oh and blonde jokes don't apply anymore guys, I''ve black hair:rolleyes:

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    you guys are funny, I remember about two other threads exactly like this before here on boards and they all had the exact same stuff in it
    lets face it. its not a girl sport, and it never will be. been trying to push more females out to play for more than a year and a half now, and at this stage im not expecting it to turn that way. its great to see more girls playing (and sadly I've haven't been due to work and injuries) That and there is apparently a girl team in Dundalk (who I would love to fight beside some time!)
    But honestly I see no problem with the players and their attitude towards women, sure I every so often get a few sexist comments, but thats when having an M4 in your hand equalizes the situation (hence footsoft was invented) :)

oh and blonde jokes don't apply anymore guys, I''ve black hair:rolleyes:

well glad someone finely said it bout it not being a girls sport:o, ye aparently there like a super model team *drools thinking of there picture on shivas wall* so giz ur not alone on that one wonder would they want a Tank on there team, giz u up for a dundalk road trip:eek:

Gizmodeon wrote: »

And on that note, mods, we might as well lock it up.

If there are any more developments on this subject, I'll open a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement