Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong xbox giving to me at currys

Options
  • 20-12-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi all would like to get a bit of advise before I go back to them, my bro in law went to currys in enniskillen yesterday and got me a xbox 360, 60gb, 2 controllers and 3 games was a special offer for 175.99, when he brought it home to me it was only a xbox with one controller and no games, my bro in law asked expecially for the one with 2 contollers and 3 games the sales assistant told him they were in the box, he asked what games they were so he pointed to the back of the box and said these 3 now I look at the receipt and it says nothing about the 3 games only it was an xbox we purchased as he was paying in euros he did not realise that they charged him 169.99 for it till he got home instead of 175.99 is there any point driving the whole way back up I have rang but all I get is a call centre saying I have to go to the store myself I cannot get through to the store.
    Any advise would be great I am really pi--ed about this as my 10 year old had been saving for this and paid for it himself so you can imagine the sad face last night when he could not use it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

depends if the price you paid is the correct price for what you got or not. if it is then what's the point?

if however you were charged for the bundle you thought you were getting and got something else then by all means get it sorted.

are the 169.99 and 175.99 you are talking about in euro's or sterling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mazdagirl

I wanted the xbox, 2 controllers, 3 games for 175.99 pounds, I got an xbox, 1 contoller and no game for 169.99 pounds but as he paid in euros he did not notice they charged him 169.99 for what he got, he had it written down what he wanted and when the box was given to him he asked for the games and was told they were in the box there is no games with it at all
    thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

You'll have to go back to the store with it, their even showing the offer on their website,
    http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/984740
    The person that sold it shouldn't have said the games were in the box or the additional controller, they don't package 2 controllers in the boxes only 1, same with games there separate.
    Tbh if you only paid 169.99 though that wasn't for the package deal that was just for the basic 60GB model, maybe they were sold out or the person behind the counter didn't know that there was 2 different versions for sale and assumed it was all in the box, which wouldn't surprise me Curry's service isn't well known for being good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mazdagirl

Thanks for reply Ian I wasnt charged for the bundle deal I think I have been taken for a mug the sales guy instisted they were in the box because I had told my bro in law not to get it if it was not the special offer as I was not in a hurry for it and was willing to shop around that is why I so pi--ed the sales assistant knew this and insisted they were in the box, but because he was paying in euro he did not realise when he got to the till he was not being charged for the bundle, I could have gone to a shop down the road and got it for 169.99 pounds with 4 games, I dont think I have any comeback when I was not charged for the bundle but just wanted to get some advise

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Legally no come back (Well no proof the sales assistant said they were in the box) but go down to the store and tell them exactly what you said, that the sales assistant said they were in the box and since it isn't you want to return it and get the bundle deal, don't say anything about the price difference.

Kick up enough fuss down there and they'll be a bit more helpful (Others will disagree about doing this but imo its very effective)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you were given the xbox arcade and the sales peerson knew this as they charged the correct price for the arcade package. you should return as soon as possible and ask for a refund and tell them you asked for one product but were given a different one. the longerr you leave it you could be seen to have accepted the wrong item and it will be more difficult to get it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Kick up enough fuss down there and they'll be a bit more helpful (Others will disagree about doing this but imo its very effective)
    ditto i'm finding out recently that you don't get anywhere if you don't make a fuss. if you don't get anywhere right away ask to speak to a manager and raise your tone a bit. don't go over the top or you could end up getting turfed out, but make sure a few other people close by can hear your dissatisfaction and the shop should pay attention.

also make the point that you came a long way to get it initially, and have come a long way again because of their mistake and see if you can get some kind of a discount or something. you never know, it sometimes works. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

buy in the roi

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

xbox36016 wrote: »
    buy in the roi

And? pay more for less?

Advertisement