Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Fixtures and Fittings

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Des wrote: »
    Well then the players should be got rid of.

No player should be allowed to run a club.

the players at villa organised getting rid of o'leary, it can work out sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Ball, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Kompany, Fernandes, Mwaruwari, Vassell.

Subs: Schmeichel, Onuoha, Garrido, Clayton, Hamann, Evans, Caicedo.

Lol I'd advise everyone to go stick a tenner on WBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even City can't fail to beat the WBA back line.

Lol Benjani and Vassell will fail to do so spectacularly.

Last chance saloon for Hughes pretty much and he leaves out Elano and Jo completely. As for Robinho's 'injury'..... well let's just say it's dodgy to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Lol Benjani and Vassell will fail to do so spectacularly.

Last chance saloon for Hughes pretty much and he leaves out Elano and Jo completely. As for Robinho's 'injury'..... well let's just say it's dodgy to say the least.
    I presume you are no longer happy with Mark Hughes as Manager from this post?

I personally believe that he will make City a powerhouse in English football given time. His first season was his worst at Blackburn, but look at us now, we finally got somebody who can get us out of the relegation zone. We don't know what the cost of that will be yet. Under Hughes we played very good football and still prospered, he will do it at City as well.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I presume you are no longer happy with Mark Hughes as Manager from this post?

I personally believe that he will make City a powerhouse in English football given time. His first season was his worst at Blackburn, but look at us now, we finally got somebody who can get us out of the relegation zone. We don't know what the cost of that will be yet. Under Hughes we played very good football and still prospered, he will do it at City as well.

I do still want him at the club, mostly because we cannot afford any more instability. I think it was in this thread yesterday that I said the problem is that football is a results based game and, apart from the Arsenal game, we haven't been getting them in the league for the past two months or so. We're currently 18th!

Hughes is someone I think can take us further. My last chance saloon comment is in reference to how I feel the owners may be thinking at this stage, especially given some of Gary Cook's comments lately.

The sad thing about the situation is that the fans have been completely split down the middle. Some are still blinded by his United past and the recent results have added fuel to the fire. It really is a messy situation right now, especially with the expectency of a the transfer window on the horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Goal fest at the Hawthorns today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Toon take the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Charlie N'Zog ya beaut!!! An assist for Shay. :)

Supds lucky not to have a man sent off there.

• Advertisement

1-1. Fcuking ghey offside decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That wasn't offside:confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    That wasn't offside:confused:

Pavalwhatshisface was a mile offside. The ball that was played over the top was just as much in his line, as it was Modric's, that has to be considered active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pavalwhatshisface was a mile offside. The ball that was played over the top was just as much in his line, as it was Modric's, that has to be considered active.

Tracking back from an offside position, was about a couple of feet over his head. Good goal imo.

If we can get O'Hara on for Bentley maybe we won't spurn every single free kick and corner and actually get a result out of this.

Fair enough no penalty but was he really expected to stay on his feet there? Yellow card seems stupid. Thud is hardly someone to go to ground in search of a penalty.

GET THE FCUK IN

what a goal from Duffer. Viduka, you're a legend. Seriously lads, you have to see this goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Glad to see Newcy win again :D

Glad to see Newcy win again :D

I may or may not be developing a man crush for you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Joe Kinnear a legend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I love Kinnear f*cking legend, Harry's good start is starting to fade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its a big change from a couple of weeks back when most people on here were laughing at Joe Kinnear. He is proving yet again just how good he is, remember he was the man most Irish fans wanted to manage the Republic ten years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Seems like Fergies plan to populate the premier league with ex Utd heads is in disarray. 1st Keane, then Ince, can Sparky be far behind ?

I have (and still am tbh) very skeptical of Kinnear's ability to do the job long term, but credit where it is due, he got it spot on today. Bringing Viduka on for Shola early on could have gone wrong, but it was the right thing to do rather than lumping another MF on, and leaving Owen up alone. Duff for Enrique at the end really surprised me (given his subs in the previous weeks). Joe must be starting to get the message that we expect him to push for the win, rather than settling for a draw.

Charlie N'Zog was excellent today. Hopefully this is the start of a good run in the side for him. The defence again was solid, and Bassong seems to really be making that CB his own. Nice to see Dukes get a good game under his belt, he still has that bit of class that we desperately need.

All in all, great stuff, and really gives us a platform to push on during the Christmas period. With a bit of luck, we could be top 10 by the New Year, and all thoughts/fears of relegation put to bed.

Villain wrote: »
    I love Kinnear f*cking legend, Harry's good start is starting to fade

Because a goal was conceded in the 90th minute in a game where Spurs looked more threatening? :rolleyes: Was a good game, hopefully Harry will let O'Hara in for Bentley after this, surely he won't spurn half as many set pieces.

Kold wrote: »
    Because a goal was conceded in the 90th minute in a game where Spurs looked more threatening? :rolleyes: Was a good game, hopefully Harry will let O'Hara in for Bentley after this, surely he won't spurn half as many set pieces.

laugh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I was talking about the last 5 games how many wins, draw and losses has he got in the league?

Hughes' reaction to today -

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_4677302,00.html

Seems very shell shocked

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Hughes' reaction to today -

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_4677302,00.html

Seems very shell shocked

The whole nature of the job changed dramatically the day ADUG came in. I would imagine that when Hughes was considering he role, he never envisaged being at the helm of the world's richest club.

The next two weeks (if he's even given it) will be the making of him at City. If he can string a few results together, and get even one or wto players that he wants (you get the feeling a few will be bought without his input), then things could really turn around for him/City.

Villain wrote: »
    I was talking about the last 5 games how many wins, draw and losses has he got in the league?

2 wins, 2 losses and a draw against United. Add to that Harry hasn't even had a chance to get some players in. I expect us to get a good few players in at the window.

And apart from our final balls I think Spurs had the much better end of attacking play. Toon back 4 did well though.

25ap92r.jpg

Yup good goal. Doesn't really disprove my point.

• Advertisement

Yup good goal. Doesn't really disprove my point.

Which is what exactly?

Also to say, Dukes when he plays like that 3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

That Spurs were unlucky in the end. I'm not saying we deserved to win but it's hardly a sign that we've gone back to being shít.

That Spurs were unlucky in the end. I'm not saying we deserved to win but it's hardly a sign that we've gone back to being shít.

That's football though. You take your chances, and we did.

Owen could have easily bagged a sitter, and tbh, I can't really remember Shay having to do anything all afternoon. I don't a win flatters us at all.

I think it did. But as you say, that's football. I was only responding to Villain's comment which suggested that Redknapp was on the way down from a good start.

Advertisement