Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned "Tag line" = bad

Options
  • 20-12-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can the powers that be please review the subs using "banned! as their tag line. Like make it a no, no.

Pain in the hole tbh.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

<

Definitely:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Banned probably should be a reserved tag tbh. Gets confusing when you see someone with the tag and are thinking "Really? Banned!? Wow" :p

Nice choice sceptre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Sully wrote: »
    Banned probably should be a reserved tag tbh. Gets confusing when you see someone with the tag and are thinking "Really? Banned!? Wow" :p

Nice choice sceptre!

It is a pain in the hole. one hopes Vex etc wil have a look at it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It is a pain in the hole. one hopes Vex etc wil have a look at it.

I'm sorry, I think you need to see your GP for that, Vex is great but don't know if he can fix that.

Also yeah, that can be a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

On a serious note, I can see how it'd be annoying when you're doing the odd mod thing. Not that it happens a lot mind, but a lot of hassle at times.

I was going to move it to the Development forum as CuLT is more likely to see it there but might be something the admins would have a view on so I'll leave it here. At your whim though, you might want to suggest it as a feature request there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

How about having strikethrough text for usernames when someone is genuinely banned?

A handy way of seeing if somebody is actually banned is to click their name and see if the PM option appears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

javaboy wrote: »
    How about having strikethrough text for usernames when someone is genuinely banned?

Changing users stars would be easier to implement in vB as it could be automatically applied with the usergroup change.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There are certain things you can add via the admincp to the vB software that can filter out certain taglines. I think 'admin' gets filtered out of users' taglines.

I'm sure this could be added to the list if the admins felt it was worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think it should be left alone. If the word "Banned" was banned then the great Lolocaust Forum disapperance of 1st April would not have been credible.

Is there no end to what people want to stifle? Killjoys. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

But people putting 'Banned' as their tagline when they're not really is so hilarious and incredibly original! Makes me laugh every time. :-|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I know, hilarious...

Lack of originality ftl.

@Hagar: That may have worked once, and fabulously well, but people are hardly dumb enough to fall for it a second time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nobody say Jehova?

I didnt think it was big issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Dumb people are smart enough to surprise me everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I really don't see how the OP cares so much, why does it bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Piste wrote: »
    It's irritating.

You see that someone has been banned, and you have to try and figure out if they really are or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's irritating.

You see that someone has been banned, and you have to try and figure out if they really are or not.

I know, it's terrible.

Did you fall for you.php as well? that was worse!

*post may contain sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I think its Genius !
    i think it should be trademarked so only one person can use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The tag line should be only for true bans imo.

SteveC wrote: »
    I know, it's terrible.

Did you fall for you.php as well? that was worse!

*post may contain sarcasm
    I don't know whay you.php is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That little thingy that put up the username of the reader within image tags pointing to you.php

Fine at first, but got old very quickly, a bit like this b& craic actually.

We had it a while ago with 4chan crap (lulz/srs business/etc.) seems this is the latest bore de jour fad.

I honestly though it was always a reserved tag, obviously not though :)

• Advertisement

I don't know whay you.php is.
    It was a prank that caused a few threads here by people who didn't see / get the the humour in it / realise what was going on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055392311
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055392311
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055391336

My last post was meant to be funny by the way, please don't take offence. :)

Oh that!
    I remember that.
    I fell for that completely before I copped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

aswell as "BANNED" tags being black listed. "Moderator" should also definatly be black listed and reserved. It's even more annoying how ponsy little ego-people pretend to be mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I should probably point out that this hasnt happened yet as far as I know....but thats my point... as far as I know

I dont want to be giving respect to those who dont deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Should we ban certain words from location too?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=8633 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Piste wrote: »

+1

I think it can be funny ..... like when I used it.

Advertisement