Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrarri bribery

• 20-12-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

What u think of this! Ferrarri are payed 80 million dollars more than any other team every year. Bernie eccellstone says they had to pay Ferrarri the money because Ferrarri threatened to form a break away series back in 2003!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

They'll also have more than the other teams because the prize money to each team is decided on the Constructors' Championship standing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The problem is that Ferrari are the most supported team on the grid so they naturally have more power than some of the other teams. Its hard to find another comparison but you could imagine if Man united decided they wanted to play in a different league you can bet your life than the premiership would do everything they could to keep them.

(PS thats not a perfect example but you get the idea!)
    If you want a better football analogy, perhaps the way the Champions league has been expanded into this huge money spinning affair where Europe's top clubs get a nice chunk of change to stop them forming their own European Superleague.

I do think it's a strange affair that F1 needs Ferrari. I can never take them seriously when they threaten a breakaway. Where would they go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of ferarri getting 80 million more, I think Bernie should not have made those petty comments. It is certainly not beneficial to formula 1 as a whole. These issues between Bernie and di Montezemolo need to be sorted out in a private forum and not relayed through the press!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Bernie Ecclestone is a fool the sooner he is gone from F1 the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

EvilMonkey wrote: »

QFT!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

F1 would never have been so sucessful without Bernie but where I do think he always screws up (along with the FIA) is in trying to fix what isn't broken. The medals system is the latest and most ludicrous example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

F1 would never have been so sucessful without Bernie but where I do think he always screws up (along with the FIA) is in trying to fix what isn't broken. The medals system is the latest and most ludicrous example of this.
    I take your point and would kind of agree but in recent years he hasent been good for f1. Its time for him and Max to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I take your point and would kind of agree but in recent years he hasent been good for f1. Its time for him and Max to go.

Don't get me wrong I fully agree that it's time for both Bernie and Spanky to move on now but I just wanted to say that Bernie in particular hasn't been all that bad to F1. It's just a shame to see guys like them trying to hang on to their power when they instead should be using the benefit of their experience to smooth the changover to whoever does end up taking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Not bribery at all - it's called business. He who contributes the most gets the biggest slice of the pie.

Advertisement