Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to install a parrot system

• 20-12-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of buying the ck 3200 of ebay and wondered how hard is it to wire up. I presume it only needs a juice conection?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

if your good with car radios it's handy enough, you'll need to remove the stereo and run the mic but it's pretty straight forward..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers DM, really only messed around with old car radios. Was thinking of puttting it in to a nissan note so will have to look at how the radio comes out. Did not think it needed to be tied into the radio or is this where it gets it power?. When you say "running the mike" I thought it was built into the unit

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah 2nd gen ck 32 has the mic built into the display unit, you will need to make sure to get a nissan wiring adapter kit with it to wire it to the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jer foley

just had one installed, tricy enough as i have a N95, and had to dowload software to move contatcs etc onto the parot, bought mine in a deal with O2 for 229 euros installed and if there is a problem they have to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

The parrot hands free kits are very easy to install. They use an ISO connection. All you need to do is pull out the stereo and remove the ISO connection. Then you plug in the Parrot ISO connection into the stereo and plug the original connection into the Parrot Connection. It is like a Daisy Chain.

Then you have to run the microphone and display cables to their final location. I was worried about doing the install as I am not the best at that sort of thing, but I got the whole thing done in about twenty minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads will check out how the radio comes out. I presume newish nissan are all the same, anyone take a radio out of a nissan lately?

Advertisement