Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy christ here we go again!!

Options
  • 20-12-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4672029,00.html

I know there is little in this and Modric claims to be happy so we should have no worries but why is there already reason to refute this.

It has gotten to a point where I for one as a Spurs supporter am afraid of any of our players playing TOO well as it seems they immediatly get linked with a bigger club. Once the media start blagging on and on about potential deals it does mess with the players head and have him thinking about where else he could be. Then all it takes is some open ended quote by a greedy agent and we find ourselves in BERB land again dreading every transfer window.

Modric for me has proven to be our besting signing since Berb. I love his confidence, enthusiam and work rate on the pitch but I still think he will come even better.

Please people of the media.........**** OFF!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I know what you mean,i dont even read any of the stories in the papers concerning spurs at the moment because most of them are just made up and are bull****......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4672029,00.html

I know there is little in this and Modric claims to be happy so we should have no worries but why is there already reason to refute this.

It has gotten to a point where I for one as a Spurs supporter am afraid of any of our players playing TOO well as it seems they immediatly get linked with a bigger club. Once the media start blagging on and on about potential deals it does mess with the players head and have him thinking about where else he could be. Then all it takes is some open ended quote by a greedy agent and we find ourselves in BERB land again dreading every transfer window.

Modric for me has proven to be our besting signing since Berb. I love his confidence, enthusiam and work rate on the pitch but I still think he will come even better.

Please people of the media.........**** OFF!!
    Untill we become a top 4 team, and even then (look at Ronaldo) our players will be linked to moves to "bigger" clubs - get used it I guess! Unfortunatly it is the nature of the game, but in fairness it is not just us, it is basially any player of anyworth on any team outside of the top 4

Also, and to be fair again, we do the same to clubs "supposedly" not as big as us - As soon as players at these clubs start putting in good performances for their current clubs, they are linked with Spurs - Bentley last window, Downing, Upson, Bullard this window - so I guess we can't complain, I am sure Borro, West Ham and Fulham would be Pi$$ed of to see those players leave and go to Spurs:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Personally i'd be chuffed if we got a decent offer for him and he went. He's a good player but I think accomodating him in the team and trying to find balance is too high a price to pay.Think about it.

- He cant play in midfield because he's two lightweight and can't put in a tackle.
    - He can only play in one position - behind the striker, ruling out the option of playing two out and out strikers up front!
    - No use playing a high ball, so we are forced to play a patient passing game and scoring opportunities will be kept to a minimum against decent sides.
    - Because he's small we are forced to pair him with a big man up front. Again - it's a limitation we coulsd do without. We can only sign tall centre forwards, no use going for Jermain while Modric is around.
    - He's no predator himself - his shooting tends to be a bit on the weak side. Remember those glorious oppurtnities against WHAM/MAN U?
    - Is he more effective 'in the hole' than Robbie Keane? Put it this way, there's no danger of him getting 100 goals.

I dont think Harry would think twice about letting him go and signing two burly English centreforwards who can rattle them in for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I sort of agree Colly, but I feel that he's a really strong option for the left (especially when Gio returns to play in the hole) and I don't think we'll get any offers good enough for me to be glad to see him be sold. Lennon is the one player we really need to keep happy imo. He's really upped his game this season and I think he'd walk into any team in the prem on current form. I especially love his tracking back this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Ramos played him on the left. Didn't work. I would've thought our best option on the left is Bale.

Santos is another tippy tappy flair boy we could do without and exactly the type of player we shouldnt've been signing this summer. We need to look towards Villa for how to build a team that can compete at the highest level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement